• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Thursday, Oct 19, 2023

NP Comic for Thursday, Oct 19, 2023

Kevin once again displays what for a human would be hubris, but for a stick is at least hubris++.

"I am superior to you in every way. Tell me what is on that flat surface."

"Oh, you can't see it, can you? Well, they are making rude drawings of you showing how inept you are."

I think that now that he is practically a major character, Kevin needs a proper name.

It should probably be Kevin Arthur, since Arthur Arthur created him and treats him as a son.

I like Kevin the Kindling for its alliteration. Bonus points for expressing appropriate hostility.

Does EGS meet the criteria to qualify as a stick person comic? I think it is only marginally one.

I bet he's riot at parties. "The party was going great, then Tedd brought out Kevin."

I suppose you could play pranks on him, though. Paint him while he's asleep. "Hey, Kevin. Guess what color you are."

I think I would glue two craft eyes on him. Make him look even sillier. Then paint a top hat and give it a cardboard brim.

"That's more Kevin comments than you can shake a stick at."

"No, it's not." <grab> <shake>

Kevin: "Hey, put me down."

"OK. You are a crotchety buffoon who is full of himself. This aspect of your personality seems superfluous to your training purpose, and I am left wondering why you are like that. Are you a reflection of Arthur's own personality? If so, you are all the rough parts, aggregated; he is more understanding than you are. It is a shame you cannot experience the life your students lead, it would mellow and mature you. In a meta sense, you do not seem to add to the comic. My impression is that Tedd is a better trainer than you are. Your so called 'training' has been mostly put-downs as far as we've seen. What do you even bring to the table?"

"Table? What table?"

"Exactly"

I think Melvin's cursed genie cat does a better job.

Kazom (the aforementioned genie cat) has the advantage of more than three thousand years of life experience, whereas Kevin’s experience only began In February of the present in-story year (I think they are up to May now?), plus what knowledge he got from Arthur.

As for names, we still don’t have surnames for Ashley or Diane yet, despite them having ascended to Main Cast status.

He can't watch TV, but he can watch people?

Kevin is the reason EGS the Musicial will be a Broadway hit long before it becomes a movie.

. . . .

I suspect Kevin's purpose in the main cast will be much like the role Jonathan Harris filled on Lost In Space.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

He can't watch TV, but he can watch people?

Kevin is the reason EGS the Musicial will be a Broadway hit long before it becomes a movie.

. . . .

I suspect Kevin's purpose in the main cast will be much like the role Jonathan Harris filled on Lost In Space.

Hmm. Jonathan Harris was supposed to be a short term villain to get them lost, and then get killed off. He proved to be too popular by whatever metric they used. In truth, Jonathan Harris was a talented actor, and very supportive, per William Mumy. He played the concierge on Jose Jimenez and carried the part well.

Lost in Space started out serious for a couple of episodes, then quickly got silly. Unfortunately for Jonathan, such a setting did not showcase him well. It worked for Bill Mumy and the robot, Jonathan got considerable face time, the rest of the cast became minor players. It could have been a worthwhile show, the concept and talent were there. This is typical of Irwin Allen.

I could see Kevin the Flying Kindling as the star of EGS, the Musical, produced in the same spirit.