• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story Wednesday December 20, 2023

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/hope-013 

She didn't want Justin to know that she knows him, so she carelessly calls him by name.  

Hope really needs to talk to someone about a whole lot of things. 

But whom can she trust? 

Three may share a secret if two are dead. 

Or

One may keep a secret as long as that one is not Hope. 

Heh, I'd give her a break--she's new at this and still figuring it out. Your question from Monday is a good one. Paraphrasing, how will she want to play this? Does she intend to reintroduce herself as someone else, or will she let the people she cares for in on the secret? Her reaction on realizing that she let slip to Justin that she knew his name suggests that she intends to keep her past hidden for now. Fortunately for her,  Justin jumped to the wrong (and more reasonable) conclusion.

Dan must have posted fairly late, I checked last night. Or I screwed up, very possible.

4 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Her reaction on realizing that she let slip to Justin that she knew his name suggests that she intends to keep her past hidden for now.

It isn't clear that she knew his name. She may have stumbled on it reading a 'These just in' sign out loud.

I'm taking Justin's explanation at face value for now, she appears to be subject to some of the same magic effects as the humans around her.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She didn't want Justin to know that she knows him, so she carelessly calls him by name.  

Hope really needs to talk to someone about a whole lot of things. 

But whom can she trust? 

Three may share a secret if two are dead. 

Or

One may keep a secret as long as that one is not Hope.

I think Justin is earning her trust at this point.

'Glurk' is not a common word, but I believe I have see it before, in the Dr. Seuss book, McElligot's Pool. One of the kinds of fish swam in a line, all saying 'Glurk'.

19 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Dan must have posted fairly late, I checked last night. Or I screwed up, very possible.

According to the timestamps on the "X" (Twitter) and Tumblr announcements, around 1 AM EST.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

According to the timestamps on the "X" (Twitter) and Tumblr announcements, around 1 AM EST.

I recall checking about 12:30 AM, so that would 'splain it.