• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday, Jan 2, 2024

NP Comic for Tuesday, Jan 2, 2024

Nanase looks muscular enough, don't get why Ashley would question it.

The commentary says Nanase weights in the first panel appear to be about three pounds. I think that's way off, I'd say about ten pounds.

I forgot that Ashley does ballet, which seems like an unnecessary embellishment for this comic; holding her aloft would be impressive even if she did not. I guess she would not be able to stay rigid in the last panel without some practice. When do they teach that? A friend of my dad's had a daughter near my age, and when we were little she took ballet classes. I'm pretty sure they didn't do that. I didn't observe so I guess they could have.

My only other connection to ballet was that they played the Ballet of Davy Crockett on the radio a lot around then. Disney made a few shows about him wandering the wilderness in his coonskin cap and tutu. Fess Parker, who was Jed Clampett a decade later, played his sidekick. He killed him a bar when he was only three. Probably got the whiskey contaminated, then got chased out of town for poisoning the patrons, and had to wander the wilderness, until he got elected to Congress. Then, he told them, "You can go to Hell, I'm going to Texas.", and yeah, I can see a rough equivalence, although, most of the time Texas has a milder climate. And Hell is not know for it's tornadoes. But it is known for Willie Nelson, who may have known Davy Crockett. He's been around for a while.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

My only other connection to ballet was that they played the Ballet of Davy Crockett on the radio a lot around then. Disney made a few shows about him wandering the wilderness in his coonskin cap and tutu. Fess Parker, who was Jed Clampett a decade later, played his sidekick. He killed him a bar when he was only three. Probably got the whiskey contaminated, then got chased out of town for poisoning the patrons, and had to wander the wilderness, until he got elected to Congress. Then, he told them, "You can go to Hell, I'm going to Texas.", and yeah, I can see a rough equivalence, although, most of the time Texas has a milder climate. And Hell is not know for it's tornadoes. But it is known for Willie Nelson, who may have known Davy Crockett. He's been around for a while.

Went on a tiny little tangent, didn't ya? ;)

Nanase being crazy strong without being built like She-Hulk (some hyperbole may be there) could be due to it being based in magic rather than raw muscle.

As it is, she looks right for a martial artist - well-toned, rather than mega-bodybuilder muscle.

Ashley has been in some degree of shock or stun every minute she has been in the presence of Nanase. 

Nanase has been under the impression that Ashley has found her unimpressive. 

Who will be more embarrassed when they finally get on the same page? 

9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I forgot that Ashley does ballet, which seems like an unnecessary embellishment for this comic; holding her aloft would be impressive even if she did not. I guess she would not be able to stay rigid in the last panel without some practice.

There's also the matter of knowing just where Ashley's center of gravity is. With her being essentially horizontal, that's a very important bit of information that the average person wouldn't know about themselves let alone any other adult.