• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

If you go to a theatre to see a play, the cast is performing for the audience

But if go to a studio to see the production of a television show, or to a stadium to see a televised sporting event, the producers often expect the audience to act like living set pieces

Watching a lot of the XXIV Olympic Winter Games

What I've found rather intriguing so far is a Slovenian Ski Jumper who has so far won two gold medals, 

Despite experiencing the greatest Thrill of Victory, Urša Bogataj will never be as famous as another Slovenian (Skiing for Yugoslavia) Ski Jumper also named Bogataj who, five decades ago, became notorious as The Agony of Defeat

I'll tell you one thing I'm not going to be watching today, The Superb Owl.  If it really was a documentary about owls I might watch it, if I had a TV.  The Discovery channel is missing a mark not doing just that.

The Paralympic Winter Games

Sled Hockey is the most brutal game on ice 

And three vision impaired Ukrainians sweep the Biathlon podium.  I suspect they would prefer to be shooting different targets . . . 

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And three vision impaired Ukrainians sweep the Biathlon podium.  I suspect they would prefer to be shooting different targets . . . 

Considering that the modern biathlon is based, in the most part, on Scandinavian soldiers exercises, I'm quite sure that they would be snipers at least.   I was somewhat surprised to find that the biathlon was only added to the Olympics in 1960.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The Paralympic Winter Games

Sled Hockey is the most brutal game on ice 

This made me think of the Ray Charles scene in The Blues Brothers, shooting at a shoplifter.

I'm watching Mythbuster.  They are doing the "herding cats" expression thing.  Explorer is just this side of freaking out while sitting on my lap.  She's looking up a the speakers wondering what is going on.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:28 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Watching a lot of the XXIV Olympic Winter Games

What I've found rather intriguing so far is a Slovenian Ski Jumper who has so far won two gold medals, 

Despite experiencing the greatest Thrill of Victory, Urša Bogataj will never be as famous as another Slovenian (Skiing for Yugoslavia) Ski Jumper also named Bogataj who, five decades ago, became notorious as The Agony of Defeat

I just noticed this. I remember that few seconds of video, every week on Wide World of Sports. I recall wondering who the poor guy was.

21 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm watching Mythbuster.  They are doing the "herding cats" expression thing.  Explorer is just this side of freaking out while sitting on my lap.  She's looking up a the speakers wondering what is going on.

I would like to watch that. Even the discussion of test criteria would be interesting, how do they avoid being subjective.

I wonder if she heard 'Cats in mild distress'.