• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

It’s more important that you get to sleep when you need it rather than according to arbitrary scheduling, unless you have appointments that you would end up missing.

I know that,  but having a schedule that is close to 100% out of phase with the day/night cycle isn't good.

I'm humming birding.  Need to tell my shrink that this is happening more often.  Don't know what she's going to do about it, but I suspect either 1) Nothing or 2) Major change to my meds.  Not sure which one I'd rather have.

I get earworms fairly badly. (enough so that I take meds for them). For the last couple of days I've been "hearing" the VDV song in my head. Granted it's pretty good, but it's weird hearing Russian as back ground noise. For a parody version (which is what I found it from) see here:

Amazon weirdness.  I ordered 2 pair of linen pants at the same time, as in I set the number ordered thing to 2. One is out for delivery today, the other is due tomorrow.  Why

Shoe weirdness, again, only slightly annoying.

I ordered a pair of sandals in size 11 W because they didn't have size 10 1/2 W which is what I wear. They are tighter than I would expect for a W size and much longer than the 1/2 size difference would indicate. I'll be wearing them daily to stretch them out by Pennsic. Still taking my boots in case there is bad weather.

Not annoying as such, but it's spam, which is annoying

Over the last 2 weeks or so, about half the spam I've gotten (other than political) have been phishing attempts, claiming I've won a power tool of some sort.  Is there a rush on power tools that I'm unaware of?  Or is this just random spam weirdness?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I just aspirated a mouthful of tea.  That was deeply unpleasant.

My chest still hurts.  Gonna lay down and see if that helps.

My A/C sucks. It's set on 76 and it's 83 in the living room. The kitchen and bathroom aren't bad, but the living room and the bedroom are way to hot. I'm not looking forward to this summer.

I just burned the ever loving fuck out of my left thumb making a toasted bagel.  I hope it doesn't blister.  The burned spot is right where I hit the space bar when typing.  Grunt, bark, snarl, snap, etc

For no apparently good reason one of the town's storm alarms is going off. It really doesn't matter why it's going off, there isn't any thing I can do about any of the reasons it could be going off for. My phone hasn't sent an alert so I know it's not a state issued alert. I suspect some one pushed the wrong button in the emergency response center/fire station. While it is tornado seasons, it's not currently tornado weather. Meh, going back to bed as soon as I finish this glass of limeade.

I tripped over my feet yesterday and fell into my bike's handlebars.  I now have a nice painful 2"x3" bruise on my right arm.  Gonna take some generic Tylenol and see if that helps.

I haven't hit my toe on any thing this century.  I use my knees for that.  Bash my right knee on the desk about once a month.

35 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Which of the great philosophers observed that the function of the human toe is to confirm the reality of furniture?

They were right.

And that is why Man invented steel-toed shoes.

Some how wasps are getting into the house.  I get one or two a day for the last week or so.  Avoided being stung so far and have killed all of them.  Not sure how they are getting into the house.

32 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Some how wasps are getting into the house.  I get one or two a day for the last week or so.  Avoided being stung so far and have killed all of them.  Not sure how they are getting into the house.

Wasps are bad news. Call an exterminator. He can probably find and eliminate the nest or entry. You run a risk that even if you find them, the sheer number may be overwhelming.

The problem with living across the street from a charity apartment building is that you get a lot of ambulance/fire trucks coming by with full sirens blowing.  Just had 3 arrive.  They pulled up on the other side of the building so I don't know what or who they are there for.

10 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Wasps are bad news. Call an exterminator. He can probably find and eliminate the nest or entry. You run a risk that even if you find them, the sheer number may be overwhelming.

If I start getting multiples in at a time I'll call the rental agent and see if I can get an exterminator.  I can't afford to call one my self.  I suspect that an exterminator costs more than my emergency fund.