• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

42 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

My mom had cortisone shots for joint pain

The thing is that my pain isn't in my joint. It's in my rotator cuff, which is cartilage holding the joint together. I don't know - I just hope it works. I'm giving it until next Friday.

***The Edema Chronicles for April 4, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 2:15 a.m., was 315 lbs.

I spent a lot of time urinating Monday, and I had relatively little to eat or drink. Maybe that has something to do with it.

***The Edema Chronicles for April 5, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 3:22 a.m., was 317 lbs.

I weighed myself during the middle of the day on the 4th and got 317 as well, so my report of 315 may have been off. Don't know why.

***The Edema Chronicles for April 8, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 5:58 a.m., was 313 lbs.

I weighed yesterday at a doctor's office and came up 314 lbs, so not as big a jump as it sounds. ;)

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Sorry, skipped a day. Wasn't feeling up to snuff.

Snorting snuff is a bad idea for someone in your condition, anyway.

I went to the orthopedic surgeon's office yesterday and saw his assistant about the continued severe pain in my torn right rotator cuff. While corrective surgery is still out of the question, I did manage to get a different cortisone shot while I was there. Turns out the first shot I received was of Kenalog, and it didn't do me much good. Yesterday's shot was of dexamethasone. It hurt considerably more than the Kenalog shot did (it's still a bit sore deep down inside, even though it was ultrasound-guided). Again, I'm supposed to give it a week before it kicks in.

We also discussed some items for me to discuss with my pain management doctor. One of them is a nerve block, something I've never considered. I've got a telemedicine appointment with the pain management team on Monday, so we'll see how that goes.

I went into postdrone, AKA "migraine hangover" about 17 hours ago.  It normally last about 4-5 hours for me.  Not this time, I'm still achy and nauseous.  Gonna lay down, for the day I suspect.  Taking analgesics even though I'm not having a headache, but for the body pain.  It's a different kind of pain vs rain front pain. 1/10 do not recommend.

***The Edema Chronicles for April 14, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 7:13 a.m., was 320 lbs.

My wife forgot to set out my medicines for me, so I was unable to take my Bumex water pills for the night. Yep, it makes that big a difference.

***The Edema Chronicles for April 15, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 4:46 a.m., was 319 lbs.

There will be no entries for Sunday or Monday, since I will be on the road in San Antonio and away from a scale.

What part of town?

Ah, I see in the music thread, "East side", the part I'm least familiar with. Enjoy, sounds like you will.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Update

15 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

What part of town?

Ah, I see in the music thread, "East side", the part I'm least familiar with. Enjoy, sounds like you will.

In reality, I'm probably going to be all over the upper half of the city. Our hotel is up by the Airport, while Mrs. Prof's brother lives on the Northwest side of town. Much gasoline will be burned.