• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

***The Edema Chronicles for June 30, 2023

Today's weight, taken at around 2:35 a.m., was 314 lbs.

I was supposed to have foot surgery yesterday. It got cancelled due to an upper respiratory infection. Bleh. I've been on antibiotics for a week now, and I'm still sick. Going back to the doctor today for something different.

On 7/2/2023 at 3:26 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The last threshold I broke was actually due to termite damage.

Termites, the great fear of the peg-legged pirates!

More aggressive termites from Asia that can chew through tougher wood are an actual invasive species in the US.

For the first time in almost a month, I am no longer on antibiotics. Yay. Let's see if I can stay that way.

I haven't been posting my weight because, frankly, I haven't been weighing myself lately. My weight has been steady around 314-316 for the past couple of weeks. I just have to make sure I stay on top of my Bumex, don't eat any extraneous salt, and keep my legs elevated all the time. The big downside is that I can't get up to go to use my big Music Computer yet, since I can't work out a way to budget my "unelevated" time on it. Sigh.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, using a desktop computer while keep you legs up is tricky. Have you thought about a "lap desk" for your keyboard?

I'm using that for my laptop right now. Problem with the big Music Computer is that I've got a subwoofer under my desk, so I can't fit a reclining chair under the desk.

Warning poop

I just had a bowel movement large enough to make my ass bleed and make the toilet not flush right.  Took about an hour on and off to pass.  If I needed any more proof that I need to go back on the stool softeners I was taking this is it.  I feel like I've run a mile or so, out of breath and sweating like a sweating thing.    

59 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Warning poop

Reveal hidden contents

To avoid a repeat of this, I just ordered 4 Fleet enemas. 

“Sweating like a sweating thing”? You know, I’ve always wondered why we use the expression “sweating like a pig” when pigs are utterly incapable of sweating at all.

46 minutes ago, ijuin said:

“Sweating like a sweating thing”? You know, I’ve always wondered why we use the expression “sweating like a pig” when pigs are utterly incapable of sweating at all.

I've been know to say "pigging like a sweat". 

On 7/12/2023 at 3:33 PM, mlooney said:

To avoid a repeat of this, I just ordered 4 Fleet enemas. 

I recommend the following:

https://www.vitacost.com/codeage-sbo-probiotics-100-billion-cfu-vegan-multi-strain-soil-based-prebiotics

It's not a miracle product. I suffer from the same malady as you, and while my size has not decreased, my ease of passage has increased tremendously. I just put it on a 45-day Autoship, in fact. Now if I could just get the size down...seriously, while on this probiotic, I have passed one 13" long by almost 3" in diameter with relative ease. The *pre-passage* period was no fun, but it was not a struggle to get it out. I credit it to the Codeage SBO Probiotics stuff I got off of Vitacost.

On 07/12/2023 at 9:07 PM, mlooney said:

I've been know to say "pigging like a sweat". 

Just be glad you're not a platypus.

Not that there is anything wrong with being a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action.  Except for the sweating milk thing . . .

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I recommend the following:

https://www.vitacost.com/codeage-sbo-probiotics-100-billion-cfu-vegan-multi-strain-soil-based-prebiotics

Reveal hidden contents

Once it started to pass, it was fine, it was getting it to pass that wasn't fun.  Sorta anti-fun.  

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Once it started to pass, it was fine, it was getting it to pass that wasn't fun.  Sorta anti-fun.  

I know from whence you speak. This has solved that particular problem for me.

20 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I know from whence you speak. This has solved that particular problem for me.

During the time I was taking stool softeners, I didn't have problems.  For reasons I don't remember why, I stopped taken them and low and behold, I have constipation again.  Back on the softeners.

My sinuses absolutely refuse to clear up. I don't think I'm infected anymore, just clogged as all hell. I've tried sudafed pills, antihistamine sprays, saline mists, and the only thing that works is Afrin spray, but I can't take that for more than 3 days at a time. I'm on a forced break from it now since I've already taken it for 3 straight days. I'm currently on Mucinex-D, and it's not working. Whatever is in the air around here is driving me farking insane.

I woke up this morning with a snootful of mucus. It took me a couple of hours to blow it all out. I'm left with inflamed and sore sinuses through which I can barely breathe. At least what I blew out wasn't colorized, or I'd really be worried about a sinus infection right now. I've either got a cold, or my allergies are going into overdrive.

7 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I woke up this morning with a snootful of mucus. It took me a couple of hours to blow it all out. I'm left with inflamed and sore sinuses through which I can barely breathe. At least what I blew out wasn't colorized, or I'd really be worried about a sinus infection right now. I've either got a cold, or my allergies are going into overdrive.

I've been extra sneezey for the last couple of days.  If I didn't know better I would say that I've picked up a new seasonal allergy.  I used to only have oak pollen as a seasonal allergy.

To deal with massively large stools, I bought a 4 pack of Fleet Enemas.   Just read the box.  "Do not use if you have kidney disease".  Well, damn.  Need to keep up my fiber intake and keep on the stool softeners and pray I don't get one like I have last week