• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, December 2, 2022

Comic for Friday, December 2, 2022

Diane, in her initial incarnation, as an agent of harassment with her posse, was in D&D terms neutral evil. After talking to her earlier self in the mirror, she shifted to neutral good. Since the magic party, she has shifted to chaotic neutral. If you examine the comic, the background bears this out, it is shifting orientation.

Noah needs to be more assertive with her. Answering her nosy questions is not the right approach when she is being a b17ch. Get more meta and question her motives, dude.

I'll point out the obvious, one month does not equate to any authority, and different households. Dad was fine with it, Diane.

So she has elf ears in the last panel. Probably significant, and she has an air of being Adrian's daughter. Her hair poofed out looks longer, but probably isn't. So what physical mechanism poofed out her hair? In the art, she also looks like she grew and inch or two all of a sudden. I'm guessing that isn't real either.

Yeah, this might be awakening based, as someone thought earlier. She now has magic induced crazy b17chiness. At least she's thinking of Noah as family in her gut, although, having just met him, and not acted like she bonded at all for the most part, it is also irrational. She did have a momentary pause when he first told her, before Lucy stepped in.

Another stint in front of the mirror seems warranted. She should be more concerned about herself and her own behavior than about Noah.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

So she has elf ears in the last panel. Probably significant, and she has an air of being Adrian's daughter.

I didn't notice the ears in that panel.  So far we have seen the ears when she resisted the door, when she first made contact with Noah, and now.  Of course we have only seen her ears be normal once, when she was on top of Noah, during the whole of this arc.  I suspect that they change with she is undergoing some stress.  This does lead to the question of when did she start have part time elf ears?

57 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I really hope this ride is taking us somewhere. We've had several days of rough road, and the destination still seems distant.

This is only Brother 9.  While The Dan has said it's going to be a shorter arc than previous ones, I still expect it to be at least 30, maybe even 40 long.  I agree, however that the last couple of strips have been rough, given that Diane has been all over the map vs her previous behavior. 

I'm not quite sure what to call the background in panel two. Light from on high? And what we see in panel three I would normally call "speed lines" but they don't actually represent speed here...

Let's just go with "Yay for fancy line backgrounds in panels two and three!".

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I agree, however that the last couple of strips have been rough, given that Diane has been all over the map vs her previous behavior. 

So there has been a lot of discussion over the past few weeks about Diane being out of character. Perhaps you're right, but it wouldn't have occurred to me without you and Darth Fluffy pointing it out, and I'm still not entirely sure I see it.

Sure, this is nothing like how she acted back when she was introduced or even around the time Grace started attending south, but this seems to me to be more or less in keeping with how she's been portrayed since Sister 3. In fact, her current erratic and occasionally over-the-top moods/actions are likely largely a result of Sister 3; I think the stress and pain over what happened (and what she learned) in that story have broken through her previous cool-and-collected exterior.

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Let's just go with "Yay for fancy line backgrounds in panels two and three!".

See, that's what I'm saying. Yay is not the most stable character, either.