• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday, May 2, 2023

NP Comic for Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Well, that kind of breaks the player/character separation boundary, doesn't it?

"I want to make sure Maribel is OK."

"Roll to perceive the chicken."

- Seems a bit over board, really, so I expect there should be a real surprise here. There ought to be anyway, unguarded sacrificial chicken and what not.

"Hey, Maribel, what's cooking?"

"Bwawk!" <thud>

"Maribel faints when you ask her about what is cooking."

"Roll To Perceive The Chicken!" 

This would  be a frequently repeated command when Gonzo is GM of the RPG after rehearsal at the Muppet Theatre. 

- - - - 

So far, the traps they have encountered have all been nearly identical.  That suggests that the same person with a limited Traps skill set them.  This, then, would be just the place to have a very cleverly hidden trap, set by an expert, ready to snap on someone approaching the bird or the hieroglyphs. 

- - - - 

Why should the chicken still be alive at this point?  A simple sacrifice ritual could have been concluded well before now. 

Unless . . . 

The Bird is not the sacrifice  The bird is bait to lure the real sacrifice to the Chthonic Altar. 

Guys, if any of you happen to have good wine in your gear, pour it out as a libation and the dark spirits might give you long enough to run most of the way out of the dungeon. 

39 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

"Roll To Perceive The Chicken!" 

I've got to work that into a game.  Actually I'm thinking strongly about having this whole adventure be a IRL game.

I think that Ellen means to make a Perception roll to determine whether Nanase can discern what is amiss (e.g. noticing that it is another chicken and not Mirabel), rather than “roll to acknowledge that a chicken appears to be present”.