• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
AFNB

Comic Friday, June 30 2023

Also evidence of it being more complicated than I originally expected: IT HAS PARTS! WE'RE IN PART TWO!

The storyline has complicated parts - might one even say it has...layers?

I think it has been established beyond a doubtable reason that, while Edward has good intentions regarding Tedd, the execution of these intentions has often missed the mark. 

Why would Edward not want Lavender to mention her gratitude for Tedd's development of Uryuom tech? 

Is Tedd unaware that this work has been beneficial to Uryuoms other than William and Gillian? 

is Edward afraid any praise could trigger another round of Inflated-Ego Tedd? 

Has Edward become, despite his own power and accomplishments, jealous of and/or threatened by Tedd's successes and developing abilities? 

Are there political issues, normally hidden from the public, that would scare Tedd and the other Mopervillians away from spooky government work?

Even though withholding a genuinely felt sentiment of gratitude from Tedd is probably wrong, I want to know more about Edward's reasoning to understand how wrong  it may be.

30 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Most likely this. Tedd also probably knows that the stuff he developed is being made available to other Uryuoms—Edward probably had him construct a few TF guns for his department to use—but Tedd is probably unaware that a lot of Uryuoms are in awe of him because of it.

Tedd seems to be more famous in the magical/alien world than they knows.  Note Jerry's reaction to Grace's statement about Tedd and Heka knowing who Tedd was.  Add in this and you;ve got a famous person that doesn't know that they are famous. 

My first thought was that Mr. Verres and/or William & Gillian had been sharing Tedd's TFG modifications with other Uryuoms without Tedd's knowledge. If that's that case, and Mr. Verres is still trying to keep it a secret, that's fodder for some major drama, and probably a bit of a schism between Mr. Verres and Tedd when Tedd finds out.

However, it occurs to me that there's another possibility: Lavender could be referring to how Magic's "not-a-change" (which Tedd helped with) allowed Uryuoms to use magic.

(It's also possible she's talking about both the Magic not-a-change and Tedd's TFG work.)

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Lavender could be referring to how Magic's "not-a-change" (which Tedd helped with) allowed Uryuoms to use magic.

That hadn't occurred to me, but makes a lot of sense.  Actually thinking about it, that's the most likely option.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:44 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think it has been established beyond a doubtable reason that, while Edward has good intentions regarding Tedd, the execution of these intentions has often missed the mark. 

Why would Edward not want Lavender to mention her gratitude for Tedd's development of Uryuom tech? 

Is Tedd unaware that this work has been beneficial to Uryuoms other than William and Gillian? 

Has Edward become, despite his own power and accomplishments, jealous of and/or threatened by Tedd's successes and developing abilities? 

Are there political issues, normally hidden from the public, that would scare Tedd and the other Mopervillians away from spooky government work?

Even though withholding a genuinely felt sentiment of gratitude from Tedd is probably wrong, I want to know more about Edward's reasoning to understand how wrong  it may be

I'm wondering if the secrecy of Uryuoms' existence is driving this.