• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Comic for Friday, Jul 21, 2023

It is Agent Bishop after all. She's kind of a snake in the grass. You would expect coworker to confront Edward if she had a problem with sharing the Uryuom tech, not go running and tattling. She also seems gleeful to tell Edward to see Leifeld.

Edward seems to be a loose cannon. This explains the later reaction to Edward zapping Abraham. It wasn't the first time he went off script.

I believe this is the first time that Assistant Director Leifeld has shown any indication of power. His stance on this infraction seems to be reasonable.

So, why is Edward trusted? . . . Maybe he isn't, maybe the point is, "We're going to put you in a position where we can call upon you when your skills are needed, but you are going to be off to the side because we don't trust you to handle cases any more."

Edward seems to have been a good mentor; his agents that worked for him trusted him.

I expect that he will state his case (maybe with charts!) to AD Leifeld and convince him that it makes sense for Tedd to be working on the transformation gun. Leifeld will reluctantly agree, then Tedd will be under scrutiny. But we know how it works out . . .

Why is Agent Bishop still trusted and still an agent? Surely people see what she's like. I don't think I'd want her in my organization. Even if she is in some ways competent, she is going to sow discord. Maybe a better question is, 'What does she bring to the table'.

Her looks in this flashback are less snake-like. I wonder if she actually changes over time.

1st, Bishop's shadowy appearance in the previous comic was compleetly successful in fooling me.

2nd, I hope this flash back story does not take too long since we already know the result.

I see 3 possibilities.

A-Edward persuades his bosses.

B-Edward lies to his bosses.

C-The bosses knew what Ed was doing, but could not officially acknowledge or approve it.  So Ed makes a show of bringing in a big pile of Tedd's work and is quietly cautioned to not discuss Tedd at the office.

Also, Bishop's sneaky tattle tale attitude can be an advantage in her line of work.  It just needs to be properly directed. That is, away from Edward.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

C-The bosses knew what Ed was doing, but could not officially acknowledge or approve it.  So Ed makes a show of bringing in a big pile of Tedd's work and is quietly cautioned to not discuss Tedd at the office.

D-Edward brings Tedd's work. They are impressed and ask Edward to return it to Tedd to continue. (Tedd never find out any of this. And he is being tracked as a potential future employee. Edward is wary of Tedd's gender fluidity because he thinks it will hurt Tedd's future opportunity.)

Also, Bishop's sneaky tattle tale attitude can be an advantage in her line of work.

Catching rats, squeezing the life out of them, unhinging her jaws, and devouring them whole?

Seems like she studied the book, 'How to Loose Friends and Alienate People'.

. . .  It just needs to be properly directed. That is, away from Edward.

That seems to only make sense if she works directly for Edward . . .

Bishop seems like the sort who can be a valuable subordinate if kept on a sufficiently short leash, but who should never ever be allowed any authority over others.

I was a little wish/washy about my dislike for Bishop.  I mean I didn't like her, but I didn't see her as a major antagonist.  She is now.  Given that Tedd is going to be working, more or less, for DGB and she seems to be inline for local control this might not be a good thing. 

I wonder if she is a seyunoly with actual snake percentage. She seems to have hair antennae in today's comic. . . . and pronounced canines, which might be from fangs.

On 7/22/2023 at 4:22 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She needs to have her Diocese tatooed on the back of her neck.

I, at times, wonder about that sketch.  Bishop change dioceses from time to time.  Do they tattoo a line over the old one and add the new one below or what? 

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I, at times, wonder about that sketch.  Bishop change dioceses from time to time.  Do they tattoo a line over the old one and add the new one below or what? 

I believe that is unusual, and requires approval, for RCs. They are not exactly free to come and go as they please.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Bishop change dioceses from time to time.  Do they tattoo a line over the old one and add the new one below or what? 

Just like the handwriting on the wall in Daniel, the ink of Canterbury can change when no one is looking.

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Just like the handwriting on the wall in Daniel, the ink of Canterbury can change when no one is looking.

But what if they are under York?

On 7/21/2023 at 1:52 PM, mlooney said:

I was a little wish/washy about my dislike for Bishop.  I mean I didn't like her, but I didn't see her as a major antagonist.  She is now.  Given that Tedd is going to be working, more or less, for DGB and she seems to be inline for local control this might not be a good thing. 

I saw her as a potential major antagonist as soon as we heard that she was in line for a position of power. And I wonder if Dan is laying the groundwork for an eventual confrontation between Tedd and friends VS Bishop's Magical-FBI, or if she will be metaphorically de-fanged before she becomes such a problem. However, another possibility occurs to me as well: her taking up Arthur's position might just be another way to set things up so the main cast can't rely on help from DGB when things go wrong.