• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Sketchbook Comic for Monday, Sep 4, 2023

Sketchbook Comic for Monday, Sep 4, 2023

Grace is cute as a goth.

I suppose the large breasts are because cows have big udders, but breasts are not shaped like udders nor placed like udders. This probably ties into why I'm not a fan of furries in general.  At least she's not a lizard with breasts or a naga.

The horns are more problematic. They look quite dangerous - to Ashley. They would be connected to the skull, but not adequately braced, and seem like they would be prone to fracture her skull if she stumbled against something or took a blow to the head.

Any body part transformation that is not a part of the modern human template is going to some sort of problem.

This may be mitigated IF the extraneous parts are extremely lightweight & detachable (like a lizard tail).

The safest option would be illusions.

Hearing about this later, Diane, a former cheerleader herself, had no idea how to react. She wanted to argue against the mean cheerleader stereotype, as she knew for a fact that most cheerleaders were hard-working, lovely people.

But she also knew she'd acted like a bully sometimes, and didn't want anyone to bring that up.

Even without her own past, I think Diane is perfectly aware that there are reasons that the trope/stereotype exists.

16 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I haven't seen the movie, but were any of "The Mean Girls" cheerleaders?

I did see the movie years ago. I don't recall that being a main point about any of them, but it might have been incidentally mentioned.

FWIW, it was not a terrible movie. I took my then teen aged daughter, and I was suitably entertained. Noteworthy, perhaps, the main character is really good at math and she's a mathlete. I applaud this message.

I don't see movies that often and I really don't see movies about high school and/or tech.  "Office Space" is like a documentary for me.  About the only tech TV show I watch is "The IT Crowd". 

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I don't see movies that often and I really don't see movies about high school and/or tech.  "Office Space" is like a documentary for me.  About the only tech TV show I watch is "The IT Crowd". 

Office Space was awesome.

I see a fair amount of movies, and honestly, most of them I've seen recently have been disappointing. I feel like they are not even trying any more, just milk the old IPs with nothing new injected. Mean Girls had some creativity.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

We must agree to disagree.  I find it painful and not funny.

I can understand that point of view. I used to like Dilbert. I knew those people. Then I took a Dilbert book out of the library. It was too much, all at once. Not fun.

Even so, we still get directives that remind me of 'the pointy haired boss read a magazine'.

21 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I can understand that point of view. I used to like Dilbert. I knew those people. Then I took a Dilbert book out of the library. It was too much, all at once. Not fun.

Even so, we still get directives that remind me of 'the pointy haired boss read a magazine'.

I read Dilbert (until Mr. Adams lost his mind) daily.  Small does of that type of humor I can deal with.  Like you said, a whole book of it is too much.  I still used "Pointy haired boss owner" to describe the man that owned the shop of my last job.  Doug was special.