• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Oct 4, 2023

52 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

So Steve can detect massive magical power ups. Make sense he (I'm assuming he here) can detect where the magical overflow was moving to.

He also looks interested. I suspect he wants to meet Tedd.

Steve looks interested, but I doubt he will ever meet Tedd.  He is too shy and won't come out of his shell.

. . . . . .

Is the abrupt change of location a way to keep us seeing Elliot's true form?  Or is it just pushing off another opportunity for Tedd & Edward to have a meaningful conversation on pannel?

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

He also looks interested. I suspect he wants to meet Tedd.

He should, Tedd's lab is going to be placed where the magic flows from the EGS universe to the griffin universe.

If it wasn't for the comment text, I would not have known it was Steve. All the three eyed crystalline turtle frogs in the comic look alike to me.

The big question is, of course, "Who plays Steve in the live action EGS film?"

My first thought was Will Ferrell, or maybe Seth Rogan, but I think Bill Hader or Steve Carell would be a better casting, maybe Michael Myers. While Will or Seth or Jim Carry could pull off the other-worldliness of Steve, Steve does not come off as frantic nor stoned. I think Bill Hader or Steve Carell could do the detached demeanor.

An odd choice that could work is Willie Nelson. While perpetually baked, like Seth, he seems to handle it without affecting his demeanor, and he can come across sage-like.

John Astin, the original Gomez Addams on TV, could work, but he's in his 90s; still 'active' but maybe not up to the role?

It's a shame Fred Gwynne has passed. His judge from My Cousin Vinnie has the right vibes.

Hmm, Bruce Campbell would be good at this. I think he would also own it.

Or maybe go off in a different direction and cast a loud female comedian. several come to mind, but I'm not seeing one that clearly fits the role.

Ideas? ("Yes. Shut up, and never mention this again.")

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Hmm, Bruce Campbell would be good at this. I think he would also own it.

I know that he's famous for other roles, but my first thought of him is "Sam Axe" from Burn Notice

He also played Santa/Odin during a The Librarians episode.  It was a surreal as you would expect.

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I know that he's famous for other roles, but my first thought of him is "Sam Axe" from Burn Notice

He also played Santa/Odin during a The Librarians episode.  It was a surreal as you would expect.

No Brisco County Jr. nor Ash?

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

No Brisco County Jr. nor Ash?

Like I said, more famous for other roles, but Burn Notice was where I noticed him first.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Like I said, more famous for other roles, but Burn Notice was where I noticed him first.

He has a large presence, he's notable in anything he's in. A bit of a ham really, not in a bad way.

Otherwise, making My Name Is Bruce would have made no sense, he had to already be a trope.