• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, Dec 18, 2023

Hope can "guide" most of the young Mopervillians with whom Pandora has interacted to a Salty Crackers card tournament without being obviously magical about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the singles she is obtaining are rare and powerful cards that reflect and/or complement the personalities & powers of the victims she is inviting to the ring of the round robins.

Why she can't approach everyone directly or send a plain invitation?  There were reasons that made sense at thd time.

To me, "Step,   Step,    Step,   Step,   Step" says 'reluctance to close the distance', which in turn says she's not moving fast. Granted, they do look like speed lines but that makes no sense.

The perspective in panel 1 looks close, which also makes no sense. She appears to have moved several feet closer.

Why does she have knowledge of a card game that she has probably never played? Did she magic that list up on her way to Justin, or did she research it and write it out ahead of time?

She seems vulnerable. Is that an act? Isn't she still an overpowered magic being, even as a young one?

She is, if nothing else, adorable, so far.

I think that she is wracked by feelings of guilt for what she had done to hurt people, especially her “Grand-Godson’s” friends, and is thus uneasy about facing them.

24 minutes ago, AFNB said:

For some reason, when we saw Pandora's reset, I got the feeling that she found a way to remember more than she was normally supposed to.

She was pretty explicit that she was going to try to remember her family. From context, it seems that a normally an Immortal is fine with cutting the ties of their old life, wanting a clean slate when they reset. Zeus resents the vow that Jerry imposed on him, for example. Pandora, wanted to remember and continue those ties as Hope.

Normal immortal resets were said to leave a memory of the former life 'like reading a notebook'. Hope had a clear impression of marking Justin, even though we have no indication that she thinks of him as family. She is retaining a lot.

And is apparently overwhelmed by her former life, as several have observed.

My take on this is that even though her actions were often extreme and hurtful, she was more stable than the situation warranted because she had a good foundational purpose for lingering. Not saying it was overall a good idea, just that her outcome seems better than most immortals would have achieved.

21 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

She seems vulnerable. Is that an act? Isn't she still an overpowered magic being, even as a young one?

This probably isn't a huge factor in her seeming vulnerability towards humans, but she's not overpowered relative to other Immortals any more.

(And that may actually play a small part in her being so cautious in her interactions with others; she can't afford to gain the attention of any Immortals which would be hostile towards her. On a similar note, while the new Immortal Rules are supposed to grant them more freedom, it seemed like Zeus wasn't allowed to actually talk about those new rules with humans; it may be that in some ways the new rules are actually more restrictive.)

46 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

This probably isn't a huge factor in her seeming vulnerability towards humans, but she's not overpowered relative to other Immortals any more.

(And that may actually play a small part in her being so cautious in her interactions with others; she can't afford to gain the attention of any Immortals which would be hostile towards her. On a similar note, while the new Immortal Rules are supposed to grant them more freedom, it seemed like Zeus wasn't allowed to actually talk about those new rules with humans; it may be that in some ways the new rules are actually more restrictive.)

That is a good point. She made enemies as Pandora, and she may have ticked the immortals off when she cast the final spell through them.

It begs the questions, "Can immortals identify the reset personage as such? Would fellow immortals know Hope was Pandora's reset? If not, is that something she is actively hiding? Or is there perhaps an understanding that they are not the same person anyway (which is weakened in Pandora's case, although they may not be aware of that.)"

She is not great at stealth; she had elf ears a few comics ago.

Also, what's up with hearing everybody's thoughts, and then not? Can all immortals read minds like that? We've had some weak indication that they do in a general sense, but she had a much more intense mind reading ability going on. (Might have something to do with the elf ears.)