• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday, Jan 12, 2024

Comic for Friday, Jan 12, 2024

So, Hope has a physical dwelling. Is that a choice? Or a fallout of the new rules?

Notice the bed; does Hope need sleep?

It is unclear that she eats or not. The table could be for anything. Notably, only one seat. She does not intend to have her friends over.

One wardrobe, and a couple of old school chests (lacking locks!) Is this the height of naivety or does she have magical intrusion prevention? 'Move the entrance' sounds like she carved a piece of extra-dimensional space and tied it to the EGS world with a single doorway. Perhaps you can only go through with magic.

Again, she's very concerned about being seen.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

"...the shops on this side..." Am I understanding correctly? Hope is on the Griffins' side of the world?

She said “the same building as the comic shop”, so I think she means the shops on the opposite side of the building are empty, which is why she put the entrance to her pocket space there.

I'm not saying it never happens, but a typical business building with shops does not have other shops in the back. It has the store room and a delivery or freight entrance that faces an ally. Another row facing the other way behind it would typically be a separate building.

3 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

"...the shops on this side..." Am I understanding correctly? Hope is on the Griffins' side of the world?

I did not read it that way, TBD for now.

We have yet to see that immortals regularly travel between universes. Since they have different rules, I'd guess they don't regularly communicate.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm thinking that she moved the door into the store and is living in the abandoned store. 

She mentioned the door facing the river. That would mean it is behind the store.

Owners of buildings with vacant storefronts will sometimes rent out the unused space for seasonal stores and special (even private) events.  Hope could have leased a space near Salty Crackers if she could shape shift into a grown up or get a grown up friend to sign the lease for her.

That may be the problem.  Ears may be her only shiftable feature at this time.  And hope may not want to reveal her nature to anyone before the game Friday when she may be able to connect with several concerned parties simoultaneously and all at once.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I did not read it that way, TBD for now.

I didn't read it that way at first, either, but a couple of things don't seem to add up, most notably that a shop facing the river would, presumably have a mundane entrance facing the river. She could be squatting, and unwilling or unable to use that door.