• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, Jan 15, 2024

Comic for Monday, Jan 15, 2024

So Hope lives in a supernatural room, and changes her clothes magically, but sleeps like a human and dwells in the physical universe.

Cute that she cares that Justin and Luke, both of whom she barely knows, are happy. "I (as Pandora) marked you, now I am responsible for you"?

Does she breathe oxygen, and how does the room get fresh air?

. . . So, up to now, the cast was Hopeless, and now they are encountering Hope.

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Pocket Dimensions.

If I comprehended the water, sewer & HVAC systems, I would move into one today.

No one ever talks about the stability of those pocket universes. Seems like you'd have to wait eons for it to stabilize to where it's habitable.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

The commentary calls those two boxes treasure chests. So she left herself a physical cache of cash, somewhere.

Yeah, they were clearly chests from the get go, not styled like typical pirate nor fantasy treasure chests, I was guessing general storage, outfits and stuff. Given that she changed into jammes between panels, she may not need much storage. Why does she not store wealth the same way? Does it still exist somewhere it can be pilfered ? Like, if it was in the spirit realm, could another immortal abscond with it, perhaps unknowingly ("Look at the pretty disks I found) ?

Presumably, in her pocket universe, they'd have to come in through the door by the new rules. And they might by extension have to open the chests to access what is inside. Begs the question, why no padlocks? Maybe too easy to bypass? There is a saying, 'Locks keep honest people honest.' Seems prudent, at least.

Hope is, among other things, quite interesting.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Flat? They’re rather large, actually.

Yes, they are, but the surfaces are flat. Treasure chests are often portrayed with rounded tops.

Kansas is both flat (for a US state) and rather large. You wouldn't want to keep one in your house.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Don't young ladies keep hope chests anymore?

My one daughter (oldest) did. I don't know where she got the idea, must have read about it in a book.

I think in general, ladies are less marriage oriented than they were in my day, and less domestic; they know they are going to be part of the work force.

I know most of my jokes get the senior discount without asking.

I am fairly obviously a senior, and still have to ask for a senior discount, most of the time. I suppose it works the opposite with jokes.

My whole family tells dad jokes, and I get the blame, even when I'm not there. "It's your fault we do this!"

But do I need to save my wit for the Paleontology forum?

You should be saving your wit while you still have it, on general principles. You don't want to run a deficit. Save all of those fortunes from those fortune cookies.

Not sure it applies specifically to paleontology. Actual paleontology strikes me as a young person's game. Even something as casual as the forums; when you and I studied dinosaurs, they were sluggish lizards, Now they are agile birds. Who's going to keep up, right?

I'm guessing you are not argueing semantics.  Lots of phenomena in sci fi & fantasy have similar effects and go by different names.

Are you contending that the room, though hidden, exists in reality?  Possibly in the comic shop building?

If the room is in a distant / inaccessible location or microscopic, there is not much seperating it from a pocket dimension.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:38 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are you contending that the room, though hidden, exists in reality?  Possibly in the comic shop building?

Yes, that is what I'm saying.  While whole other worlds/planes exist in EGS we haven't see in small domains.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yes, that is what I'm saying.  While whole other worlds/planes exist in EGS we haven't see in small domains.

For that to be true, either it was built that way, not part of any store, which makes little sense, although you could probably scare up a scenario, or else either Pandora or Faith created it by magic and edited many people's memories. That could be a Pandora thing, not sure about the 'guide and influence' thing; Faith does not seem to have the power nor mindset to be that intrusive.

The treasure chests must have come from Pandora. Perhaps it was storage she created, anticipating her future need.