• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story Wednesday January 31, 2024

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/hope-024 

I still don't know if these three stooges have conceived a plan that is honourable or justified. 

But if they can not stick to the plan or are eager to chase targets of opportunity, they deserve whatever misfortune befalls them. 

Considering the three "royals" on this Earth (Nanase, Edward Verres, & Rhoda) that we know of are all good people, I'd say that their actions AREN'T justified. The problem is clearly with their political system, which is corrupting their world's royals. 

4 hours ago, Southern Cross said:

Considering the three "royals" on this Earth (Nanase, Edward Verres, & Rhoda) that we know of are all good people, I'd say that their actions AREN'T justified. The problem is clearly with their political system, which is corrupting their world's royals. 

. . . and corrupting them. Their response to their royals corruption is also corrupt. (In fact, from our PoV, we've seen their corrupt behavior; we have not seen their royals' corrupt behavior. It's hearsay with some evidence how Virginia was treated) at this point. Case in point, though, Dwight had issues, but he was not corrupt. Liam was more or less benevolent, as far as we've seen, but he was less than candid. Did he think ill of Edward? Edward is royalty, and is threatened by this scheme. The other griffins thought well of Nanase, she is also threatened. None of them know Rhoda. Still, a sensible scheme would have had them verify the unworthiness of their target, not just that they were 'royalty'.

Given that they specifically said “a tyrant”, they are probably looking for the most evil-seeming Royal that they can find—for their own definition of “evil”, at least.

According to one definition of the word, it also sounds like they're trying to create a tyrant.

(That would be a definition that includes one of the connotations the word acquired while passing through Latin: a usurper. It also acquired the connotation of a cruel or abusive ruler. In Greek, it just meant an absolute ruler.)

On 2/1/2024 at 11:27 PM, ijuin said:

Given that they specifically said “a tyrant”, they are probably looking for the most evil-seeming Royal that they can find—for their own definition of “evil”, at least.

Ah, you're thinking they are not looking to steal from 'royalty', but specifically from royalty that passes their 'evil' test. That's plausible, and more or less fit with their current behavior; . . . counterpoint, Mist's looking for royalty in the shared dream did not seem to be selective at all.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:49 AM, Don Edwards said:

According to one definition of the word, it also sounds like they're trying to create a tyrant.

(That would be a definition that includes one of the connotations the word acquired while passing through Latin: a usurper. It also acquired the connotation of a cruel or abusive ruler. In Greek, it just meant an absolute ruler.)

I think they are attempting to establish a single seat at the table (for now) rather than to take over. "We want to be heard, so that we can sway the biased public perception." 

From my P.O.V., I don't think their plan would accomplish changing their society even if they succeeded. If you look at human culture, acceptance of 'others' takes a long time, and often fails and ends badly.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ah, you're thinking they are not looking to steal from 'royalty', but specifically from royalty that passes their 'evil' test. That's plausible, and more or less fit with their current behavior; . . . counterpoint, Mist's looking for royalty in the shared dream did not seem to be selective at all.

Find Royalty first, then determine if they are evil. I figure that they want to kill two birds with one stone and create goodwill by being able to point to how they removed a hated tyrant, and can potentially remove more in the future.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

Find Royalty first, then determine if they are evil. I figure that they want to kill two birds with one stone and create goodwill by being able to point to how they removed a hated tyrant, and can potentially remove more in the future.

You may be right, it seems plausible, but this is the first indication we've had that they have any sort of filter for who they steal the royalty aura from.

They should have noticed by now a lack of tyranny.

Meh, there are several tyrants in our current world (Kim Jong-Un, Vladimir Putin, and others), but none of them seem to be using arcane power either to achieve or to maintain their tyranny.