• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Comic Wednesday February 07, 2024

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/hope-026 

AI Robots for playing games in hidden corners of reality.

Not my fist idea for how to use the vast power of an Immortal hiding among mortals, but there could be advantages.

Could be. 

Don't ask me what they are. 

- - - - 

Pandora left behind a significant network of capable humans who would be sympathetic to this newly refreshed version of herself.  I still don't know why she won't turn to any of them directly.  Presumably her reasons will be revealed eventually.  Possibly at or around the upcoming card tournament.  But until those motivations are revealed, her actions seem needlessly cumbersome and risky. 

- - - - 

While not an obvious copy, Hope's Robot AI companion reminds me a lot of the Spaceballs character Dot Matrix, performed by Lorene Yarnell and voiced by Joan Rivers. 

- - - - 

Anyone else remember when a pair of Mimes (Lorene Yarnell & Robert Shields) hosted their own Network TV Musical, Comedy, Variety show that lasted for fourteen episodes over two seasons in the 70s?  Darnitol, I miss the variety show.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Pandora left behind a significant network of capable humans who would be sympathetic to this newly refreshed version of herself.  I still don't know why she won't turn to any of them directly. 

I get the idea that Hope is shy. Don't really know why that would be--sudden loss of remembered power?

On 2/7/2024 at 8:40 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Pandora left behind a significant network of capable humans who would be sympathetic to this newly refreshed version of herself.  I still don't know why she won't turn to any of them directly.  Presumably her reasons will be revealed eventually.  Possibly at or around the upcoming card tournament.  But until those motivations are revealed, her actions seem needlessly cumbersome and risky. 

Her current antics have something to do with contacting Sarah indirectly, letting Sarah know who she is. You'd think a cell phone might be easier. She can afford one, if their prices track with ours; she's spent more on cards.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:40 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While not an obvious copy, Hope's Robot AI companion reminds me a lot of the Spaceballs character Dot Matrix, performed by Lorene Yarnell and voiced by Joan Rivers. 

- - - - 

Anyone else remember when a pair of Mimes (Lorene Yarnell & Robert Shields) hosted their own Network TV Musical, Comedy, Variety show that lasted for fourteen episodes over two seasons in the 70s?  Darnitol, I miss the variety show.

I thought Spaceballs was funny, but also a bit lame. I could watch it occasionally. My kids. born after it was released, grew up with it and loved it. Probably appropriate, I think Mel Brooks is a dad joke master.

I vaguely recall something about Yarnell and Shields, don't think I ever saw the show. Mid 70s? There were three years, from mid 73 to mid 76, that I did not watch much TV. I never saw Police Squad either. The bits I've seen on YouTube are brilliant. I especially like the guest stars dying in the opening credits and the background sight gags. Word is, that's why it was unsuccessful, you had to pay attention to it.

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Her current antics have something to do with contacting Sarah indirectly, letting Sarah know who she is. You'd think a cell phone might be easier. She can afford one, if their prices track with ours; she's spent more on cards.

Non-burner cell phones generally require that you have some form of verifiable identification, since the phone companies have caught on that anybody who wants to avoid being identified to the degree of not even disclosing a billable mailing address, bank account, or a state ID card is likely up to something criminal.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Non-burner cell phones generally require that you have some form of verifiable identification, since the phone companies have caught on that anybody who wants to avoid being identified to the degree of not even disclosing a billable mailing address, bank account, or a state ID card is likely up to something criminal.

Fair points, but my point was aimed at the notion that there are simpler ways of making contact than a card game that may not work out.

Why isn't she visiting Adrian? Knocking on Tedd's door should be safe, unless she wants to avoid Edward. She could grab some books and visit Sarah as a 'fellow student'. <shrug> I'm sure it will make sense in the long run.

True. The main thrust of my argument is that Hope needs to establish a cover identity with paper trail included if she wants to have access to the full range of human endeavors, and she apparently has not done that yet, as evidenced by her paying with cash instead of a bank card.

On 2/10/2024 at 11:07 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

I thought Spaceballs was funny, but also a bit lame. I could watch it occasionally. My kids. born after it was released, grew up with it and loved it. Probably appropriate, I think Mel Brooks is a dad joke master.

It was released when I was a kid; I saw it shortly after it came out on video. I really enjoyed it, though I did like Star Wars better (if only because as a kid I always preferred things I thought were serious over comedies). I think I actually like it less now that I get all the adult jokes in it.

On 2/16/2024 at 0:48 PM, ChronosCat said:

It was released when I was a kid; I saw it shortly after it came out on video. I really enjoyed it, though I did like Star Wars better (if only because as a kid I always preferred things I thought were serious over comedies). I think I actually like it less now that I get all the adult jokes in it.

I like Galaxy Quest, which is more of a Star Trek spoof, better. Its humor is more on an adult level.