• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
HarJIT

EGS Pinup for 2016, December 17th (Carol and Heidi)

17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That doesn't have anything to do with this being EGS. The fairies are directed by Susan's subconscious. They would do what Susan would think about doing. And while hug would be in list of options and hissing not, most likely reaction would be to hide.

So, imagine her seeing the dolls, then seeing some fluttering or turning over, get closer to see better ... and fairies would look up at her, take off and scatter.

And Mrs. Pompoms would blink twice and look at the glass in her hand suspiciously ...

Well we know where they would hide; In Susans hair!
And now I can see her mother looking at the glass in her hand as several fairies are shyly peering at her from their safe hiding place, innocently oblivious of just how visible they are.

And then there's the possibility that all of this rouses Susan and her first reaction being to panic and dismissing all the fairies in one big bangf...

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Or you mean summoning hammer without actually using it, just to hug it? :)

Without using it, yes.  I didn't think too hard about it beyond the idea of Susan waking up in a bed full of hammers.

Now that you mention it though, "Teddy Hammer" had a bit of a ring t it...   :)

20 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, there were no other cases of him accidentally morphing WE KNOW OF. Except one sketchbook which may not be canon.

Also, undisciplined mind would likely trigger more often too, wouldn't it?

I think it only happened once because only once he actually get that spell. New spell he didn't know about.

The only other alternative would be Magics flair for the dramatic and possibly trolling, or just a gentle nudge (or rather kick in the rear) saying "hey! you don't read your spellbook so here's an awkward moment where you find out about it." Cheerleadra 2.0 (and the cellphone merge) would be Magic increasing the awkwardness.

Not sure what it would be alternative to, but Magic "gentle nudging" to make people aware of new spells when they fail to notice them themselves IS what I was speaking about.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

In http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=928 we had Elliot waking up female after going to sleep male, which was the first sign of his energy buildups.

Yes. Was not new spell and was certainly related to energy buildups.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also in http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1157 Elliot didn't know that he had the "secret identity" part of the spell and triggered it without being aware.

Yes, another "gentle nudge". This is similar to how Rhoda is "discovering" new spells in current NP, although it's powered more by opportunity. Actually, we can add Nanase's guardian spell .... and all marks given without knowledge, Sarah's being great example.

6 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Or you mean summoning hammer without actually using it, just to hug it? :)

Without using it, yes.  I didn't think too hard about it beyond the idea of Susan waking up in a bed full of hammers.

... full of hammers? Hmmm ... true, she was able to summon three at once when it even wasn't her spell, maybe she can summon enough of them ... still, the hammers are supposed to be shortterm spells.

:)

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You know, when I saw "Teddy Hammer" I immediately thought Tedd would have to be involved. Is that bad?

47 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

You know, when I saw "Teddy Hammer" I immediately thought Tedd would have to be involved. Is that bad?

Not as bad as seeing "ring" and thinking about Sauron.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I wrote the phrase well aware that Grace sometimes calls Tedd "Teddy".  :)