• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Political Discussion Thread (READ FIRST POST)

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Their treatment of Hong Kong qualifies as a show stopper as well.

On a mildly related note, Europe seems to be dealing fairly well with the Russian gas embargo. Prices have now dropped to prewar levels. It seems that the principal accomplishment of the Russian gas embargo has been to gradually wean Europe of dependence on Russian gas.

As Darth Putin says, "I remain a master strategist."

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

On a mildly related note, Europe seems to be dealing fairly well with the Russian gas embargo. Prices have now dropped to prewar levels. It seems that the principal accomplishment of the Russian gas embargo has been to gradually wean Europe of dependence on Russian gas.

Nice!

It's a shame a reasonable Russian leader couldn't come along and integrate themselves properly in to the Euro economy. You know, kind of like many of their component satellites did.

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

'A legend in his own mind' At this point it may be a show to remain in control. I don't expect it would end well for him if he loses control. He'll be like Mussolini.

His student the Mango Mayhem talks the same was, albeit with a more limited vocabulary.

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

The fact that Europe had a fairly mild winter did have something to do with that, but either way with the Nordstream pipelines destroyed Europe not getting any where near the volume of Russian natural gas as they were before. 

Putin speaks with a forked tongue, even when he speaks English. As do many of our own people. Russians are not evil per se; badly led, and perhaps many are naive or too intimidated to resist. I don't think our Magats are any better. The GQP has in spades the dishonest grasping for power that Putin espouses.

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I've added Fowl Language to my daily read.  Being a joke a day strip I don't need to do a back read of it.

Does not update daily. More often than weekly.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I can't wait to see how the pro-Putin toadies are going to explain how the current situation is all part of his master strategy.

Of course you want a revolt of your mercenary forces to do a special military operation.  It's part of the playbook.

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I kind of love how Trump is still praising Putin to the skies and that half or more of the GOP is singing Putin's praises right along with him because they are terrified of offending the followers of il Douche.

Il Douche Bag? :lol: 

There ain't no Sanity Clause!