• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

Story Wednesday December 29, 2021

Story Wednesday December 29, 2021

From panel three, I guess it has six feet? In panel five, there is a bit of a knee above the knee facing Edward.

So, no head? Does not ingest sustenance. Flies, but needs articulated legs and feet for some reason. And Mr. Verres feels compelled to drop everything and talk to it.

Yeah, I'm going to go with my suspension of disbelief is straining, and Edward should make space turtle soup.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Fix date

Even if it needs no mouth, context tells us that it must be able to communicate in a way that Edward can clearly understand, whether that be speech, telepathy, or something else. Also, even without a visible head, it presumably has something corresponding to vision or radar, thus implying that it has something that performs a function analogous to eyes, and it can either see in all directions at once, or can direct them towards whatever it wishes to focus upon.

As for needing legs despite having flight, there are no known real-life organisms that have flight as their sole means of locomotion. Generally, the effort required to lift off is not worth it for simply moving over one or two body lengths.

That said, I think it more likely that the turtle-like being simply landed facing away from Edward, rather than it being headless.

First thought

A cosmically giant space child grows rock salt crystals on the back of its pet turtle, then in a tantrum throws said turtle across the galaxy

Maybe not?

As for no visible head or sensory organs?  Did you not note the prominent seam down the shell?  Perhaps the entire shell opens when it suits the being?

And this would not make a good space turtle soup.  It is too heavily salted.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

That said, I think it more likely that the turtle-like being simply landed facing away from Edward, rather than it being headless.

Six legs. No head silhouette.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

As for needing legs despite having flight, there are no known real-life organisms that have flight as their sole means of locomotion. Generally, the effort required to lift off is not worth it for simply moving over one or two body lengths.

Flying critter legs tend toward minimalist. Ones with stronger legs, like chickens and road runners tend not to fly so much. Also true for flying vehicles, and things that do both, like flying cars, never seem to do well in the market, guessing the compromises mean they don't do either well.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for no visible head or sensory organs?  Did you not note the prominent seam down the shell?  Perhaps the entire shell opens when it suits the being?

I saw that, noticed that the configuration of seams is not revealed, all we know is that there is one that goes about half way across. We also don't know that the 'shell' is hard. So, yeah, it could split open and reveal things from the inside. 

I'm hoping it's a delivery vehicle, and the pizza girl gets out.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And this would not make a good space turtle soup.  It is too heavily salted.

Corporate logo projection system. She'll turn it on, any second.

Hmm... Looks like the not-fully-grown child of Gamera and Space Godzilla.

I'm not really a fan of its lack of a head, and if its head is just hidden then what that head looks like might change my opinion of the design, but at the moment I rather like the design.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Just wanted to point out that it's December 29, not 28 (the thread title could use the same adjustment too).

Edited by ChronosCat
Noticed the date.

33 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Just wanted to point out that it's December 29, not 28 (the thread title could use the same adjustment too).

Not necisarily

2021 may have been a secret anti-leap year.  So all the other dates this year have been wrong, but this one is correct

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed.

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

2021 may have been a secret anti-leap year.  So all the other dates this year have been wrong, but this one is correct

Wouldn't put it past them to add another day to this train wreck of a year.  It's was better than 2020, but only a little.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:36 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not necisarily

"It's just a step to the past; and a jump to today, ..."