• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Thursday January 27, 2022

Not sure an American high school is going to have cricket team, much less a girl's cricket team, and really not what ever "Ultra-Cricket" is.

11 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You should wait two years, no?

Well, like I said, at least 40.  Could be over 42 already.  My memory is shot and I don't really know how long it's been.

The first novel in the series was released in 1979, so for you to have read it 42 years ago already, you would have to have read it in the first year after it came out.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:54 AM, mlooney said:

Why is spiky haired girl blushing in the last panel?

Presumably she's embarrassed that the fact that Grace knows she want to see Grace spiking the ball hard. As to why that's embarrassing, it might just be because she hadn't been upfront about it and now her deception is revealed. Alternately, she really has a thing for balls being spiked.

Wanting to see balls spiked very hard is a rather specific kink.  Not kink shaming, just pointing out that, as kinks go, it's fairly rare.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

The first novel in the series was released in 1979, so for you to have read it 42 years ago already, you would have to have read it in the first year after it came out.

I believe I saw the TV series and heard the radio play in 1983 or 1984. I read the first book in the 1980, finished the Infocom game in 1993 or 1994. Saw the cinema movie pretty soon after it was released. The fjords were nice. 

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

I know I read it when it first came out.  That was back when I was buying a lot of SF books, something I have gotten out of.

20 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The fjords were nice. 

The fjiords were nice.  The fjiords were nice.

Throw a few fjords on a coastline & win lots of awards.

Well you do not need vertical rock walls, moss munching moose, and a looming glacier to make an impressive intersection of river & sea

I don't have time to sing all their praises here.  But please keep a kind thought for bays, estuaries, bayous, wharfs, and my favorite, the Delta.

47 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The fjiords were nice.  The fjiords were nice.

Throw a few fjords on a coastline & win lots of awards.

Well you do not need vertical rock walls, moss munching moose, and a looming glacier to make an impressive intersection of river & sea

I don't have time to sing all their praises here.  But please keep a kind thought for bays, estuaries, bayous, wharfs, and my favorite, the Delta.

It's OK by me, if it's OK bayou.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is not a pun

That is summoning the wrath of the gods

That is playing golf, in a t-storm, in July, in Tampa

You are asking for it

It's actually a quote from a commercial that aired in San Antonio decades ago. It is the only part of the commercial I remember. Not very effective, really.

Hmm. It must have been for a Cajun restaurant. That would make sense.

Now I'm hungry for some jambalaya. OK, I guess it is effective.

18 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It's OK by me, if it's OK bayou.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is not a pun

/me notes that, yes, it is a pun.  Adds drawing of a alligator to Darth Fluffy's page.