• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Friday August 19, 2016

31 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
46 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, not-Tengu was not aberration, meaning Jerry was forbidden by immortal laws to attack him directly.

...not-Tengue didn't seem that hard to provoke.  One a human takes the first swing, the gloves are off.

He DID successfully provoke NANASE first.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

No, not Tengu didn't. Nanase made no attacks at all. Ellen zapped him, but to no effect, and humans don't seem to have any forbidden magic anyway. That is, they can use anything they can get. But since Adrian follows the same restrictions as full Immortals, any I believe Immortal could lawfully attack not-Tengu once he started using magic to attack. And not-Tengu has to be a big reason why Magic Itself wants to change the rules--no more average jerks becoming not-Tengus for a century or a millenium.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

No, not Tengu didn't. Nanase made no attacks at all. Ellen zapped him, but to no effect, and humans don't seem to have any forbidden magic anyway. That is, they can use anything they can get. But since Adrian follows the same restrictions as full Immortals, any I believe Immortal could lawfully attack not-Tengu once he started using magic to attack. And not-Tengu has to be a big reason why Magic Itself wants to change the rules--no more average jerks becoming not-Tengus for a century or a millenium.

Not-Tengu attacked first by spiking the punch, is what I'd say.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=995

I think Professor Raven would have similar latitude for dealing with Not-Tengu, if he happened to be in the area.  Although deliberately HUNTING him might not be permitted.  And stalking him until he does something horrible is probably also frowned upon.  No, this is why Immortals guide and empower mortals to do their dirty work.  Adrian's training of Noriko, Edward, Noah, and (probably) Mama Kitsune is his version of Empowering and Guiding.

18 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

No, not Tengu didn't. Nanase made no attacks at all.

I meant that he didn't attacked until Nanase transformed, pretending to assume it will prevent her from transforming. I don't think provoking immortal would be that easy, but it does show he's clever enough to not throw first punch in case it will be mistake.

19 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

But since Adrian follows the same restrictions as full Immortals

No he doesn't. While not said directly, from context it seems his restrictions are more relaxed. For example, I don't think immortal is allowed to attack if OTHERS are in danger.

19 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And not-Tengu has to be a big reason why Magic Itself wants to change the rules--no more average jerks becoming not-Tengus for a century or a millenium.

Unlikely. Seems magic doesn't really care about not-Tengus as long as there is not so many of them.

16 hours ago, Matoyak said:

Not-Tengu attacked first by spiking the punch, is what I'd say.

But not Jerry. I think that while Adrian would be allowed to attack based on Not-Tengu using magic against his students, full immortals wouldn't be allowed unless they will be attacked themselves.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think Professor Raven would have similar latitude for dealing with Not-Tengu, if he happened to be in the area.  Although deliberately HUNTING him might not be permitted.  And stalking him until he does something horrible is probably also frowned upon.

Actually, stalking might be allowed, just little boring. Remember that Helena and Demetrius are stalking Elliot. Sure, they aren't doing it to harm him, but it's still stalking.

No, this is why Immortals guide and empower mortals to do their dirty work.

Yes.

Adrian's training of Noriko, Edward, Noah, and (probably) Mama Kitsune is his version of Empowering and Guiding.

Technically, yes: while his restrictions are more relaxed, they are still not relaxed enough, so by training others he can make bigger difference.