• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

ComicNumber729.png

http://TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

Necros gets a taste of his own medicine as our heroes fight him together! He may be tough, but he's outnumbered, and he's left them an opening. But will that be enough to take him down? Stay tuned, faithful readers!

Instead of traditional onomatopoeia as sound effects for each attack, I opted to name each attack instead, kind of like the text that pops up in Fairly Oddparents cartoons (which is appropriate, as the show did inspire my comic... even if Hartman seems to have gone a bit off the deep end since then). I had fun playing with the lettering; it was less like writing and more like drawing, with each "font" drawing inspiration from the attacking hero or the attack itself

Dino-Mo's "Tail Slam" has pointy letters, reminiscent of a bent dinosaur tail; the letters and background have reptilian-inspired colors.

"Dodgeball Barrage" is written on dodgeballs with a yellow background, evoking Dodge's color scheme.

Enticia has muted pinks and elegant letters (almost rose-colored, like her civilian namesake) for her "Platform Kick"; more blacks and grays to match her shoes wouldn't contrast with her and Necros well enough.

"Cannon Fire" is quick and to the point, with no frills, like Cannon himself and his rapid-fire blasts, with (what else?) a green and purple color scheme.

Sugar Rush's volley of "Fury Punches" are accompanied by fist-shaped letters, with muted reds to stand apart a little from her bright red gloves.

Jackknife's "Scythe Slash" has letters as pointy as his weapon and green as his outfit, plus they arc in the direction of his attack.

Unk's "UNK-ppercut" highlights the awful play on words, which admittedly says more about my style than his, but at least keeps his color scheme. I was initially going to have Unk put the squeeze on Necros again, but I wanted to add a different attack to his repertoire. I also didn't want to have too much of Unk show up in the panel; it would break up the pattern of each panel focusing on Necros and the attack itself.

And finally, Titanium Maiden's "Titanium Clothesline" has metal lettering (suggesting titanium, of course), which contrasts nicely with her signature shade of pink in the background.

That's a total of eight attacks; the only characters who aren't attacking in this strip are Gelatin Boy (Whose sweat already helped in the previous strip, and who lacks any actual "attacks" anyway) and Belt Boy. Whether or not he plans to take any action remains to be seen, for now...!

By the way, I'm always happy to hear feedback from my readers; which panel was your favorite in today's strip? Leave me a comment! I also appreciate it when you share my comic, so please share this post!