• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

I put this filk on another forum:

♩♩♫♩♬♪♫
Don’t take your warmth away from me
Don’t you leave my arms all shivery
‘Cause I wish the night’s not through
And waking up is hard to do.

Remember when you held me tight
Warm blankets wrapped all through the night
So sound asleep the whole night through
And waking up is hard to do.

They say that waking up is hard to do
Now I know, I know that it’s true
Don’t say that this is the end
Instead of waking up I wish that I could fall asleep again

I beg of you, don’t make me glower
Can’t we stretch the night just one more hour?
Come on bed, I’ll stay with you
‘Cause waking up is hard to do.

(original gets repetitive after that)

And then today I found this:

morning_gifdump_228_18.gif

"Not sure what to do this morning.  Thinking about eating, running and sleeping like I do most mornings.  Might help The Human on the desk for  a bit.  That normally means he gets out The Red Dot and that's always fun" - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7325.jpg

"I've decided to help The Human on the desk.  He got the flashy thing out but it didn't flash.  What does "natural light" mean anyway?" - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7326.jpg

"I'm not in the way.  Let me plot in peace.  Think I'll sit here for a while, then eat some, then take a nap.  If The Human has left he sock bin open might sleep in there again." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7328.jpg

On 1/21/2022 at 11:36 AM, Zorua said:

So a friend of my Mom's found a stray kitten but couldn't take him in because someone in the house is allergic. We offered to foster him until we could find him a home, keeping in mind that I wouldn't mind our home being his home. But when my brother came home and saw the kitten, he basically called dibs. So... Meet Midnight.

Hey, it’s been six weeks now. How has the little guy been growing since then?

"Why do you keep saying I'm in the way?  You haven't made tea yet and I'm not blocking the way to the butt warmer or the noise thing.  I'll move when I feel like it." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7338.jpg

Back when I was in high school and taking pictures a lot I had access to the darkroom at my father's newspaper, so the cost of developing film never was an issue to me.  I was quite surprised when I found out what high quality black and white developing cost when I got back into photography as an adult.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Back when I was in high school and taking pictures a lot I had access to the darkroom at my father's newspaper, so the cost of developing film never was an issue to me.  I was quite surprised when I found out what high quality black and white developing cost when I got back into photography as an adult.

I had a friend in school who's dad had built a darkroom in their basement. They did their own black and white development.

16 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I had a friend in school who's dad had built a darkroom in their basement. They did their own black and white development.

Yeah, black and white is easy to do at home.  Color?  Not so much.

"So you made the bed as soon as you got up.  Glad for you.  Still going to nap on it.  I'll get off when I feel like it.  Lets pencil in around noonish" - Explorer Cat.

dsc_7349.jpg

"You seem to be more active than you should be, given that you didn't sleep all that well last night.  At least that is what I assume you did, you made me get off the bed a lot so you could go to the room with water.  I'm not super happy about that." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7351.jpg