• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Tuesday February 1, 2022

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

She is a good part squirrel, so collecting nuts is part of the program, so watch yourself, Tall Jock Guy.

See how overconfident he is when his nuts are buried in the back yard.

Oh, wait, that's not really all that good of a thing.  Grace would never do that.  Maybe.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But can you give another example of why raising children in a secret lab does not prepare them for high school?

They aren't really used to dealing with people and aren't really ready to deal with classes in a classroom.  Assuming that they are "lab rats" in the secret lab that is.

55 minutes ago, mlooney said:

They aren't really used to dealing with people and aren't really ready to deal with classes in a classroom.  Assuming that they are "lab rats" in the secret lab that is.

Considering her background, she's actually fairly well adjusted.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace is more well adjusted than many people I know with ordinary backgrounds

"I am in this picture and I don't like it".  Assuming you can say I have an ordinary background, which I do, more or less.  It's after I grew up I got weird.  Or had weirdness thrust upon me.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

"I am in this picture and I don't like it".  Assuming you can say I have an ordinary background, which I do, more or less.  It's after I grew up I got weird.  Or had weirdness thrust upon me.

Some people are born weird, some people achieve weirdness, and some people have weirdness thrust upon them.

51 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Some people are born weird, some people achieve weirdness, and some people have weirdness thrust upon them.

That was what I was riffing on.

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace is more well adjusted than many people I know with ordinary backgrounds

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Grace does a much better job interacting with others than I ever did during my school years. I think she actually fits in better, and when she does stand out the attention she gets isn't nearly as negative as the attention I wound up with.

As for backgrounds, I think mine is relatively ordinary - the "problem" was with me (well, the real problem was the other kids, but it took a long time to see it that way). As an adult I was eventually diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum (high functioning / Aspergers); this is presumably a big part of why the kids thought I was weird. (I was also a nerd before nerds were cool; I'm sure that didn't help things.)

On 2/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, ChronosCat said:

Grace does a much better job interacting with others than I ever did during my school years. I think she actually fits in better, and when she does stand out the attention she gets isn't nearly as negative as the attention I wound up with.

As for backgrounds, I think mine is relatively ordinary - the "problem" was with me (well, the real problem was the other kids, but it took a long time to see it that way). As an adult I was eventually diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum (high functioning / Aspergers); this is presumably a big part of why the kids thought I was weird. (I was also a nerd before nerds were cool; I'm sure that didn't help things.)

Middle school is also the worst. By high school, kids are becoming marginally civilized.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

By high school, kids are becoming marginally civilized.

That is not something I would have expected based on the way High School is usually portrayed in fiction. But I suppose I shouldn't find it surprising that fiction (even fiction that isn't meant as fantasy) does not always reflect reality.

Everything bad about high school is worse in moddle/junior high school. Kids at that age have gained all of the passions, aggression, lust, and rebelliousness of their later years, but have not yet learned where are the limits of what is acceptable either to their peers or to adults.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Everything bad about high school is worse in moddle/junior high school. Kids at that age have gained all of the passions, aggression, lust, and rebelliousness of their later years, but have not yet learned where are the limits of what is acceptable either to their peers or to adults.

Not sure about that.  At least my memories of Jr. High aren't as bad as high school, but that could be selective memory