• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

And here I thought it would have something to do with Airedales and Skye Terriers. Live and learn.

Who knew Beagles would take to the air first? Steve Miller, with his song, "Fly Like a Beagle" (1976, so a decade after the following. He was not prescient.)

Snoopy's introduction as the Flying Ace (1965) is further back (57 years) than WW I was when he was introduced (~ 48 years)

The "Snoopy vs the Red Baron" song was 1966, not long after the character was introduced. The Royal Guardsmen went on to produce several more Snoopy themed songs, thus earning great acclaim because every one remembers these. (Do I need to put a :P to indicate irony here?)

Another amazing thing about Snoopy is his (and his family's) longevity. The strip ran for 50 years, and he was introduced near the beginning. Of course the kids barely aged, so it could be just very slow time flow. Woodstock did not age normally either.

Was his affinity for birds what drove him to the skies? I suppose we will never know.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

would the musical theme for the title character as he labors be considered rock music?

Rock AND Roll, to be specific.

/me OK, you both get a star, an underline AND a notation on your pages in The Book

55 minutes ago, mlooney said:

/me OK, you both get a star, an underline AND a notation on your pages in The Book

Did your /me character make their sanity check?

/me almost always fails his sanity check.  That's what triggers entries in The Book.  Of course, unlike CoC, his sanity regenerates. 

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

/me almost always fails his sanity check.  That's what triggers entries in The Book.  Of course, unlike CoC, his sanity regenerates. 

Just had to check, make sure he's following the rules, because it is the season for the Sanity Clause. :D Ho :D Ho :D Ho!

11 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Just had to check, make sure he's following the rules, because it is the season for the Sanity Clause. :D Ho :D Ho :D Ho!

/me OK, for starters it's still Advent, not Christmas just yet.  2nd you get a star, an underline and an exclamation point.

50 minutes ago, ijuin said:

According to Sir Pterry Pratchett, the use of multiple exclamation points is a sign of a diseased mind.

And I agree with him.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ooo, be careful! You'll end up on the naughty list!

Oh? Like that's a threat.  A lump of coal isn't all that bad as a present when you get down to it, you can burn it for heat.

27 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not from the central or eastern alpine areas, so Krampus isn't part of my personal mythos.

He is becoming an North American meme, appears in media fairly frequently in the 2000s.

In line with the title of this thread, it occurred to me that the song Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was incorrect when written, but recursively made itself correct by referencing Rudolph. He was an unknown, not yet dreamed of reindeer of Santa's until the song was composed, then through repeated play has claim to be 'the most famous reindeer at all'. If no one played Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ever again, he would likely be nearly forgotten; only the song keeps him alive.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

He is becoming an North American meme, appears in media fairly frequently in the 2000s.

I'm an old fart.  2000's media barely registers on my radar.