• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Tuesday, Sep 27, 2022

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Here is.

And Rich finds a way to be a pain and stay "in character" 

A Paladin played by Richard. How original. I suppose, sixty years later, it is considered to be a revival.

A better question would be, "Why does Rich's default mode go toward finding the easiest way to be a butt head?"

Rich is one of those people who blames the world whenever he experiences any form of unpleasant emotion, and never himself. He is infallible in his own mind.

Now, as for anal retentive, self-righteous RPG Paladin types, I am reminded of Miyako Miyazaki from The Order of The Stick.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Now, as for anal retentive, self-righteous RPG Paladin types, I am reminded of Miyako Miyazaki from The Order of The Stick.

She is an extreme example, even among the type. She effectively became one of the lead villains through her actions. Briefly. Very briefly. Did a lot of damage in her instant in the spotlight, though.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Because he's a jerkwad

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Rich is one of those people who blames the world whenever he experiences any form of unpleasant emotion, and never himself. He is infallible in his own mind.

Now, I run into a vocabulary problem. Exfenestration should be 'tossed out a window', not defenestration; defenestration should be 'removal of windows'. Albeit, the first leads to the second, especially if it is the large picture window of a comic shop.

Plus: Rich would fit, the window is large.

Con: Window is damaged. Large windows are expensive. Comic shop is on the first floor. Display in window would be in disarray.

Sadly, it would likely not be a learning experience.

Defenestration from a 1st floor window is just likely to result in cuts to the body, as Mythbusters showed once.  Which may or may not be a learning experience. Would be a cathartic one for the tosser however.

Yay for fiery background in panel two! (Ah, it feels good to cheer for symbolic backgrounds again.)

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Eversince I learned about the Crusader Knights, the historic model for the Paladins, I've struggled to imagine how any similar group could avoid a similar fate.  Destruction or irrelevence.

I haven't studied the Crusades in detail, so maybe I'm missing some reason why Crusaders/Paladins would be more likely to fade away than other cultural institutions, but based on what I do know:

The trick is to have a culture which is fairly stable/stagnant (other than occasional wars and regime changes) over very long periods of time, such as imperial China, or (more relevantly) most generic fantasy settings.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Defenestration from a 1st floor window is just likely to result in cuts to the body, as Mythbusters showed once.  Which may or may not be a learning experience. Would be a cathartic one for the tosser however.

I'm in favor of an ACME anvil solution. (I don't think Mythbusters ever fact checked Wiley.)

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm in favor of an ACME anvil solution. (I don't think Mythbusters ever fact checked Wiley.)

No, but they did fact check Bugs Bunny (finger in barrel of a shot gun, busted) and several Simpson's "myths".  That was from the 1st of the 2 seasons we don't talk about.