• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, Sep 4, 2023

Comic for Monday, Sep 4, 2023

"Oh, he's back." - Snarky, dismissive, lack of contextual framework - 'Tedd lives here, I'm in his basement'

"'Thanks for asking.' See? I was helpful." - Emotionally needy, missing the point, lacking confidence. Basically, an A.I. that is questioning its own existence

(Sarah spots that Kevin is misconstruing the events. My only quibble is she is assuming he is capable of learning. I'd say TBD, prove it Kevin, show some actual progress, even if in a wrong direction.)

"Speaking of lessons . . . Boyfriend! Please use magic so Ashley can practice observing a person casting spells." - Lacking the rudiments of polity. Ask Elliot his name, dipstick.

"It's unlikely you'll be able to copy any yet, but it's possible, so pay super extra close attention!" - Pointless discouraging remark, badly structured request for Ashley to watch Elliot (already implied in previous statement).

Note that all three people present in the last panel have shading indicating embarrassment, yet they have nothing to be embarrassed about. They are embarrassed for Kevin, for how inept he is.

Kevin is his own self-parody. His flaws make little sense. In some cases he has too much knowledge for what he is; where did he acquire that knowledge when he has limited exposure and is made with a specific purpose in mind. His ability to misuse the word 'super' in a way that still makes sense defies credulity.

Arthur tasked Kevin with training Ashley. Arthur actually tasked Ashley with raising his created incorrigible stick kid.

(Kevin gave Ashley an order, so that would be an order of the stick, right?)

Tedd, please refrain from unnecessary interaction with the stick. He's a defective A.I., and each conversation is new opportunity for error.

God help them if they need to come up with a joint lesson plan.

More importantly, why are Tedd's eyes glowing in the first panel?

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

(Kevin gave Ashley an order, so that would be an order of the stick, right?)

They could use somebody with Roy’s relatively high sensibleness here.

I'm amused by Kevin more than any thing else.  He knows that name of his teaching subject and that's about it.  I don't think he's a defective AI so much as a single target person.  He knows what his mission is and ignores any thing that isn't it.  I've known people like that.  I've been accused of being that at times myself.

34 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm amused by Kevin more than any thing else.  He knows that name of his teaching subject and that's about it.  I don't think he's a defective AI so much as a single target person.  He knows what his mission is and ignores any thing that isn't it.  I've known people like that.  I've been accused of being that at times myself.

He reminds me of the paradigm, "He's a guy with a hammer, and every problem looks like a nail."

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

Also, Kevin gives responses that are inconsistent with his own purpose. Why does teaching stick even have an ego that needs to be coddled? He really isn't well suited to his stated purpose, and the mitigating thing about that is that Arthur said so up front; he was honest about Kevin not being great at what he does.

You've had many teachers in school. Some where better than others. The best ones can relate to the students and draw them into the topic. One like Kevin (personality-wise) would not be effective. I've had that guy, too.

Elliot Transformation Sequence version 24-B?

Does he go through the Unfortunately-Named-Cheerleader-Themed-Super-Heroine forms?  The general female forms?

I don't think Ashley has seen Cat Elliot, yet. 

And Tedd is doing the right thing with Kevin.  Keep feeding his ego and he really won't care what else you might be doing. 

But what artifact is Tedd seeking that could confirm or falsify the hypothesis?