• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday, Sep 19, 2023

NP Comic for Tuesday, Sep 19, 2023

Kevin is loosing whatever passes for his mind.

Delusions of grandeur clearly labelled. Nice touch.

If you cut up Kevin with a table saw, would you have four mini-Kevins, or would they no longer work? Hmm, I think we need to apply the scientific method.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

If you cut up Kevin with a table saw, would you have four mini-Kevins, or would they no longer work?

It's possible that they would combine like what ever robot that does that.

In fiction, myth & legend, there have often been places where those of great power have gathered.  But once gathered, their only ambition seems to be a desire for a "normal" life.

Olympus, Asgard, Camelot, Metropolis, Florida . . . 

Kevin realizes now that not only is he in such a place, his student is actually the least powerful being in the Zip code.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

I see no evidence of the weirdos of Florida desiring a normal life as opposed to doubling down on the weirdness.

OTOH, Kevin does display 'Florida man' tendencies. A bit of disconnect from reality, enough to think he's invulnerable, . . .

Sorry, Pharaoh, we know you're the exception, but all evidence says Florida has an actual weirdness magnet hidden somewhere in its borders.

Florida isn't any weirder than any other state (well, mostly), it's just its sunshine laws on government openness make it more visibly weird. At least that's what I'm told, granted often by Floridians, so take it as you will.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Florida isn't any weirder than any other state (well, mostly), it's just its sunshine laws on government openness make it more visibly weird. At least that's what I'm told, granted often by Floridians, so take it as you will.

Granted, everywhere else has weirdness, and if you've never lived in Florida, you might discount it, but the news should inform you, Florida does truly generate more than its fair share.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I take offence.

Why would you assume I'm an exception?

How do you know I am not the holder of the weirdness magnet?

It was merely a courteous assumption. Hell, for all I know, you have a shop where you produce them.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

It’s not so much that Florida attracts weirdos as it it that it repels the non-weirdos, and the weirdos come in to fill the vacuum thus created.

That would at least explain DC.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Granted, everywhere else has weirdness, and if you've never lived in Florida, you might discount it, but the news should inform you, Florida does truly generate more than its fair share.

But still less than the California state legislature.

California is weirder than Florida, it just doesn't show as much, given their privacy laws, which are about 180 degrees away from Florida's sunshine laws.

21 minutes ago, mlooney said:

California is weirder than Florida, it just doesn't show as much, given their privacy laws, which are about 180 degrees away from Florida's sunshine laws.

California is weird at a public level, very polarized. Florida is weird at an individual level, people do strange $#1%.

When the "Big One" hits, California will splash into the Pacific.

When the glaciers finish melting, Florida will drown under the Atlantic.

Have you chosen your next object of ridicule?

You may wish to consider the advantages of insulting Ohio.  (And this has nothing to do with my living 40 years in Michigan.)

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

You may wish to consider the advantages of insulting Ohio.  (And this has nothing to do with my living 40 years in Michigan.)

So mocking Cleveland is fashionable again?

20 minutes ago, ijuin said:

So mocking Cleveland is fashionable again?

Yakov Smirnov: "In America, everyone makes fun of Cleveland. In Russia, we have a city we make fun of, too. We make fun of Cleveland."

But, to be fair, it is not everyone who manages to catch their lake on fire.