• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Sketchbook January 22, 2024

https://www.egscomics.com/sketchbook/2024-001 

Interesting, but not really practical for restaurant work. 

Fox's ears are much to big.  Most waitresses I have ever met never hear me that well.  "I wanted the salad AND the fries, please." 

And the tail?  if it does not knock food off tables or slap the customers, it will be grabbed by someone without permission.  And that will instigate an incident that will not go well for anyone involved. 

On 1/24/2024 at 11:03 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

https://www.egscomics.com/sketchbook/2024-001 

Interesting, but not really practical for restaurant work. 

Fox's ears are much to big.  Most waitresses I have ever met never hear me that well.  "I wanted the salad AND the fries, please." 

And the tail?  if it does not knock food off tables or slap the customers, it will be grabbed by someone without permission.  And that will instigate an incident that will not go well for anyone involved.

I agree, being physically a fox person would be way too much distraction for a service job in a world where such things are not commonplace.

And the tail swinging around would not be great in a restaurant. Even of it does not knock things over, you wouldn't want it near your food.

Well, I believe there are health-code regulations about the restaurant workers' hair or fingers in the food - but not about their fur or tail.

On 1/27/2024 at 5:56 PM, Don Edwards said:

Well, I believe there are health-code regulations about the restaurant workers' hair or fingers in the food - but not about their fur or tail.

You make an interesting point, but I don't think your contraption is gonna fly, Mr. Langley. I think a health inspector has enough latitude in their authority to make decisions about unconventional situations, and a human wearing fur around food would likely be a problem. Consider that the kitchen staff has to wear hair nets. Would they make an exception because the long, swishy tail is biologically attached? I think the best that could be hoped for is guidance on how to cover up the tail.

On 2/3/2024 at 1:55 PM, mlooney said:

Like a said, there are positions that don't get close to food.

I can't think of one that a health inspector would not cite. Even a hostess walks patrons to their table. Walking between tables is an issue, working in the kitchen, even as a dishwasher or cleanup crew, is an issue.

Now, if she could morph into a non-hairy species, like an anthropomorphic cockroach, self-contained in chitin, there should be no problem . . . ?