• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Pinup: Saturday January 14, 2017

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Taking blood to sustain themselves is something lot of animals does. If there is some unnatural part in what aberrations do, we didn't hear about it yet.

I think that the unnatural part is that it is obligatory cannibalism. Even among those animal species that engage in cannibalism, there is no requirement that they SPECIFICALLY eat their own species even when easier prey is available. Also "unnatural" is that they are not just getting mundane protein/fat/carbs/vitamins/minerals from it, but also some form of "life energy" that can be used to fight the ravages of aging.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Taking blood to sustain themselves is something lot of animals does. If there is some unnatural part in what aberrations do, we didn't hear about it yet.

I think that the unnatural part is that it is obligatory cannibalism. Even among those animal species that engage in cannibalism, there is no requirement that they SPECIFICALLY eat their own species even when easier prey is available. Also "unnatural" is that they are not just getting mundane protein/fat/carbs/vitamins/minerals from it, but also some form of "life energy" that can be used to fight the ravages of aging.

Technically, we didn't hear THAT either. We really don't know much about them. The description can be read that they are really FORCED into cannibalism, which is unnatural, although not against any physical law. On the other hand, it's possible they only need to feed on intelligent beings, beings with soul or something like that, which would technically mean they have other options than cannibalism ... (can they lengthen their livespan feeding on Uryuoms? Griffins?) Similarly, we don't know enough about the "live energy" to see possible universe law violations.

Also, if only feeding would be breaking universe laws, it would mean they "are spicy" (magic they are using feels spicy) just when feeding.

I decided to try my hand at altering Dan's pinup to more closely fit what I wanted to have seen.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  A lot of what I did had to do with removing from the image, not adding.  I had to pull lines from the bottom of Rhoda's and Amanda's skimpy tops and Amanda's shorts. 

My image-editor's Bezier-curve drawing function was my best friend.  It allowed me to remove the slight crimping Rhoda's skimpy top had on her bust and give her a smooth curve, as well as create a more shirt-like underboob for her.  I had to redraw Amanda's hip and thighs when I decided I couldn't credibly turn her shorts into full-length jeans and turned them into tights instead.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

I had to redraw Amanda's hip and thighs when I decided I couldn't credibly turn her shorts into full-length jeans and turned them into tights instead.

Sooo, she is wearing socks OVER tights in your version?

(I like the original more, but that's matter of personal preference. This isn't. I understand your choices in editing Rhoda but I think you overdid it with Amanda.)

48 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(I like the original more, but that's matter of personal preference. This isn't. I understand your choices in editing Rhoda but I think you overdid it with Amanda.)

Yep.  That all looked like part of the shoe from where I was sitting.  No way was jeans cuffs going over them without a lot of work.

25 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Yep.  That all looked like part of the shoe from where I was sitting.  No way was jeans cuffs going over them without a lot of work.

I'm certain those are supposed to be enlarged socks.

What about leaving Amanda in jean shorts, just not SO short? Knee-length, maybe?

(Note that I'm not saying it because I want to see it, I'm satisfied with original. Just suggesting what might make sense.)

42 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm certain those are supposed to be enlarged socks.

What about leaving Amanda in jean shorts, just not SO short? Knee-length, maybe?

(Note that I'm not saying it because I want to see it, I'm satisfied with original. Just suggesting what might make sense.)

I guess I could have lengthened Amanda's shorts.  I just didn't think of it and I like what I have enough to not want to bother changing it.  Yours was a good idea though.  I had also wiped out several "jeans" lines as well by then.  This much took me 4-5 hours counting all the false starts blind alleys and learning curve.  That was enough.  I could probably edit a similar drawing in about 2-3 hours though.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I had to redraw Amanda's hip and thighs when I decided I couldn't credibly turn her shorts into full-length jeans and turned them into tights instead.

Given that we now know that Rhoda can effect just parts of clothing, mixed with her change/disguise spell, a change like that is just fine.