• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Me also.  At 01:50 CST.  Why, you ask am I drinking tea at that time of day?

I have a freaking migraine, can't sleep, and my mid level migraine medication has caffeine in it any way.  I'm going to be up, might as well have a nice cup of PGTips and archive binge various comics.  Maybe work on some game maps or design a few space ships.

Better than making chocolate pudding at four in the morning. Except we don't have chocolate pudding stuff, so I'll make do with a box of Triscuits.

2 hours ago, Zorua said:

Better than making chocolate pudding at four in the morning. Except we don't have chocolate pudding stuff, so I'll make do with a box of Triscuits.

It's 5:45 and I'm thinking about making some grits.  With raspberry jam added.

Made it.  Ate it.

I have an often repeated thing about food.  "Almost any food, other than desert items and breakfast cereals, can be improved by one or more of garlic, cheese or grilled onions.".  I'm adding to that "deserts and breakfast cereals can be improved by raspberry jam."

I just had a bologna sandwitch, except the bologna was bad and I threw up. I think that's the first time I've ever had food poisoning of any degree. First time I remember, at least.

Welp. Time for a shower.

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's 5:45 and I'm thinking about making some grits.  With raspberry jam added.

Errmm ... no thanks. I can't picture sweet grits.

Grits involve lots of butter and salt, with *maybe* a touch of milk during cooking. And NO CHEESE.

17 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Errmm ... no thanks. I can't picture sweet grits.

Grits involve lots of butter and salt, with *maybe* a touch of milk during cooking. And NO CHEESE.

Grits are like rice.  Favour neutral and can go sweet it savory.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Yes, I would recommend the Nashville Hot for anyone who likes their fried chicken spicy-hot.

It's good in that it's not a dry burner when it comes to the spicy part. It's crunchy, but the sauce adds just the right amount of heat.

Last time they sold the stuff, they sold pickles with it. Ours didn't come with pickles last night. It's better with the pickles.

Strong tea.  Made with my Ceylon loose leaf tea, not PGTips bags.  Damn that's good stuff.  Helping the caffeine issue nicely.  Thinking about making some oatmeal or grits in the next hour or so.

I've got two other bottles from Lakewood's "Special Release" collection set aside until one of my friends holds his annual Super Bowl party next year. They're called "Lion's Share IV: Anniversary Ale." Belgian-style Quads, aged in Brandy Barrels and sold in 22 ounce (650 ml) single-bottle boxes. Do NOT drive after drinking them. In fact, don't plan on doing much other than enjoying sharing them with good friends.

Coffee, with hazelnut cream, 2 table spoons of sugar and 1/8 cup half and half.  You may have notice I don't like black coffee.  At least cheap black coffee.

[edit]

Doing it again.  While thinking about lunch.  A Chinese buffet that does "Mongolian BBQ" is sounding good.

[Edit the return]

Did the "Royal Dragon".  David (my brother) and I decided it's our go-to Chinese place now.  Weird combo of a buffet OR menu, with some things free on the buffet if you order off the menu.  Fairly cheap, the two of us got out of there for under $25.00

More Imperial Milk Stout from Lakewood Brewing Company ("The Temptress").

You know, it's sad that I can really only enjoy the stuff one of two ways: either by skipping my mid-day medications, or by waiting until 8 hours after I've taken my nighttime medications. I'm doing the latter right now.

Either scenario is supposed to increase the chance that I'll have a seizure, based on the medicines I take. At this point, I could care less. The Temptress is just too good to pass up.

A lot1 of high fiber cereal.  I suspect in 12-18 hours I am going to regret this.

1I've eaten one box of shredded wheat and one box of raisin bran in the last 2 days.  Closer to 36 hours.

Oatmeal ("quick" type) with raspberry jam.

Two comments

1. Who ever decides portion sizes with the not in a envelope type oatmeal might not have as bad of an eating disorder.  A single "serving" is almost exactly twice the size of an instant oatmeal serving.  Odd.  I still made 2 servings, which, with a glass of milk, seemed like about the right amount for a mono ingredient meal.
  2. They do, however, based on amount of water and time the suggest for cooking the oatmeal, like oatmeal soup.  I even assumed that and used less than they suggested to start with.  Next time using even less...

Costa Rican Tarrazu coffee. Found a new source for it in K-Cup packaging. It's the only coffee that Mrs. Prof and I both really like, although I don't really know which of us is the most choosy about our morning caffeine.

15 hours ago, ijuin said:

Half the time I just skip the coffee part and take no-doz instead. It's quicker and more convenient when I'm running late.

I tried doing this in my (relative) youth, back in the late '80s. Wound up getting vasoconstrictions to the point where my fingers turned blue. Scared the holy crap out of me and made me miss an Oingo Boingo concert for which I'd won free tickets by telling the worst joke of the day on a local radio station's "Bad Joke Wednesday" contest.

14 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

made me miss an Oingo Boingo concert for which I'd won free tickets by telling the worst joke of the day on a local radio station's "Bad Joke Wednesday" contest.

Okay, you know what this means....you have to tell us which bad joke got you those tickets!

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Okay, you know what this means....you have to tell us which bad joke got you those tickets!

No one would get it in this era. It was a pun, based on a commercial tagline from the late 70s/early 80s. It also involved Marcel Marceau.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

No one would get it in this era. It was a pun, based on a commercial tagline from the late 70s/early 80s. It also involved Marcel Marceau.

Some of us are actually that old.