• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A Halos Clementine in a small crate. They are pretty darling; sweet, and the skin comes right off. No seeds. They are from California, which seems slightly odd, because Florida is much closer.

Per wiki, huckleberries look similar to blueberries. I don't think I've ever seen one. If Huckleberry Hound was an actual dog, we'd be in double digits of generations; he debuted when I was a tyke. If I recall correctly, that is the only song he knows, he sings it a lot, and not particularly well. Yogi and Boo Boo debuted on his show before they had their own.

55 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

is it possible to OD on raspberries?

Hard to say

If the fruit is eaten in normal food amounts, probably not

If the leaves are consumed as an herbal supplement, there may be a danger threshold

There was a story about a woman who died after an overdose of raspberry herbal slimming pills, but each pill also had more caffeine than two cans of Red Bull

Most of the info I could find was in the form of medical boiler plate that just inserted the word "Raspberry" into a lot of disclaimers that reduce down to  "We Don't Know. Ask Your Doctor."

The problem here, as with most similar medications, is that herbal supplements are almost entirely unregulated in the United States

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
8 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

In other news, is it possible to OD on raspberries?

Don't know, but would be willing to give it a try.

Tried to Google it. Got the "everything in moderation" standard responses on the berries, but learned some interesting stuff about the leaves. Yuck.

Ham and scrambled egg on English muffin breakfast sandwich from Sheetz, with tomato slice, shredded lettuce, and BBQ sauce. I added a slice of Swiss when I got it home. And, of course, the free weekly coffee during the Christmas season; light roast, one of the reasons I go to Sheetz is they have a light roast option. Grabbed a banana for later.

It was just above freezing last night, and the chill was still in the air. We are supposed to hit mid 50s today.

Because cooking in my nieces apartment is really sorta hard, my brother asked me to find out what restaurants in town would be open on Christmas day.  Turns out that only 2 (that I would go to) are open.  Applebees and "Happy Family" the local Pho place.  I suspect we will be doing Happy Family vs boring middle Generic American food.  Plus we don't have the problem of making some one work on Christmas day that would normally be on holiday. (edited)
NEW

I had, in addition to a large plate of cashew chicken and some really good fried dumplings, a bottle of Spätlese for Christmas.  While not "oh please kill me" level hung over this morning, I can feel it. 

We got take out from the Pho place in town because 

1) We really didn't have kitchen space and
2) Applebees, the only other place in town that was open Christmas day, sucks large things through small straws.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:02 PM, mlooney said:

Because cooking in my nieces apartment is really sorta hard, my brother asked me to find out what restaurants in town would be open on Christmas day.  Turns out that only 2 (that I would go to) are open.  Applebees and "Happy Family" the local Pho place.  I suspect we will be doing Happy Family vs boring middle Generic American food.  Plus we don't have the problem of making some one work on Christmas day that would normally be on holiday. (edited)
NEW

I went out to get coffee at Sheetz on Christmas day, cruised around a little locally. Nothing was open (other than Sheetz, which is 24/7 and is nominally a gas station). I'm sure I could have found something if I really needed to, but not close by. I'm glad for the various workers that they had off.

Just made a couple of homemade lobster rolls. Bought the meat from Wild Fork Foods online for a relatively reasonable price - $20.98 for a half pound, already shelled. (Consider that it's North Atlantic lobster, not Asian lobster, and it's worth it.) I followed the recipe on the back of the packet - even ordered some top-split buns from Amazon for the full authentic New England experience. Turned out pretty doggone good for a Texan doing the assembly. Still have leftovers for tomorrow.

Went shopping tonight, and pies were on sale. Got a blueberry pie, tried a slice. Mmm, good pie, not overly sugared, and enough filling that it's not just flavored crust. Will watch for future sales on these.

Arby's Diablo Brisket sandwich

It's supposed to be hot, but it's that annoying kind of hot sauce that does nothing for the flavour and the heat lingers long after you've swallowed the silly thing

Oh well, at least it comes with a free vanilla shake