• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

As long as Cats need humans to fold their boxes and operate their can openers, the Feline Overlords will have sufficient reason to not eliminate all the hairless bipeds

(Any illusion of human dominance over this world will vanish when Cats evolve P-38 claws)

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As long as Cats need humans to fold their boxes and operate their can openers, the Feline Overlords will have sufficient reason to not eliminate all the hairless bipeds

(Any illusion of human dominance over this world will vanish when Cats evolve P-38 claws)

Explorer could care less about any thing in a can.  She needs my thumbs to open the bag of dry cat food and to pour it into the feeding plate.  Plus fill her water bowl.

"The Human is drinking boring tea this morning.  I'll make it hard for him to get to it for a while.  That will show him!  Should be drinking the good stuff." - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_6993.jpg

"I'll hide here from The Human and will bounce out to play attack his feet when he goes for tea this morning.  Boring tea, claims he only makes the good stuff at night because it helps him sleep" - Explorer the Cat.

dsc_6998.jpg

"I'm on my favorite place to hang.  I don't care if The Human gets out the flashy thing right now.  Staying put, not running up to him to make it hard to flash at me" - Explorer the Cat.
dsc_6999.jpg

8 minutes ago, mlooney said:

"Human!  I'm sleeping.  Leave me alone!" - Explorer the Cat.

Take it easy on your Human, Explorer.

I've tried to match my sleep cycle to cats, but no human can master such mythical napping skills.

No matter how hard he tries, your human will be awake at times you are sleeping.

50 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I've tried to match my sleep cycle to cats, but no human can master such mythical napping skills..

I've tried this.  It's not good for a human to sleep 18 to 20 hours a day.  Not when healthy any way. I've had some colds that "let" me sleep that long.  The fact that I was taking NyQuil every 8 hours round the clock may have had something to do with that.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I've tried this.  It's not good for a human to sleep 18 to 20 hours a day.  Not when healthy any way. I've had some colds that "let" me sleep that long.  The fact that I was taking NyQuil every 8 hours round the clock may have had something to do with that.

I have had depression induce a sleep period close to that length. You'd think it is fun, but it's not. Not by a long shot.

"Even though it makes it easy for The Human to flash me with the flashy thing, I really like being on top of this box.  However this does not stop me from indicating to The Human that I don't like the flashy thing." - Explorer the Cat.
dsc_7001.jpg

"Gonna sharpen my claws on the scratching book.  Then gonna eat something and then do a little running around.  Not sure what I'll do after that, maybe take a nap, maybe help The Human on the butt warmer." Explorer the Cat.

dsc_7005.jpg

On 12/10/2021 at 1:13 PM, mlooney said:

Second covid vaccine shot did that to me. Between midnight the day of the shot and 9 AM the second day after, I was awake for 5 hours.

"Gotta sharpen the claws on the sharping book." - Explorer the Cat.  "Glad she only uses that one book as a scratching thing." - The Human

dsc_7008.jpg

15 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

On a pedestal, looking down at everyone. Yep, it's a cat.

My cat likes to stand on top of ye olde giant 32-inch cathode ray tube television set for gazing down at me.

19 minutes ago, ijuin said:

My cat likes to stand on top of ye olde giant 32-inch cathode ray tube television set for gazing down at me.

I am amazed that you still have one. I parted with all of my CRT devices two moves ago.

59 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Explorer really liked it when I had a computer standing upright.  That was one of her favorite places to hang out.  Other than that bookcase that the top of was not cat-friendly due to the amount of stuff on it, it was the highest place in the room.  Now she spends time on the box pictured or on top of the bookcase.   Of late more on the box.  It's the 2nd highest place in the living room.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I am amazed that you still have one. I parted with all of my CRT devices two moves ago.

It belonged to my parents and is older than me. I mainly keep it to play old video cassettes and game systems that can’t run on digital sets without a signal converter.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

It belonged to my parents and is older than me. I mainly keep it to play old video cassettes and game systems that can’t run on digital sets without a signal converter.

Good point. I think I have a flat screen with a composite input that I need to keep for my old XBox. Assuming it still works. I don't even know where I stuffed it at the moment.