• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Other Random Comics

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I would pay good money to see this.

I would watch if nothing else was on. The dunking booth would be entertaining.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Better than the version of the golden rule "he who has the gold makes the rules"

Ah, that's the one we live under ...

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm fairly sure I've flown on that airline as well.  I know I've seen pilots in airport bars.  Not sure if they what they were drinking or if they had just finished a flight, but it was a bit off putting to say the least.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Well, the classic definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing while expecting different results, so by that standard, he is doing the only sane thing.

I knew a person that used to say that all the time, and he was a prime example.

12 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

That is actually where I learned of it, then I looked up details.

I learned of it on the RPG.net forums (which I joined, ironically enough, for their active off-topic forums). Of course, I don't play D&D, so it doesn't directly affect me, but I have to admit it's a pretty messed up situation.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I learned of it on the RPG.net forums (which I joined, ironically enough, for their active off-topic forums). Of course, I don't play D&D, so it doesn't directly affect me, but I have to admit it's a pretty messed up situation.

It's actually only partly about independent publications for D&D. There are entire other games that have been ported to the D20 system, and many settings. Some fairly good sized publishing houses, like Mongoose, are heavily invested in D20. I don't think Hasbeenbros has a legitimate claim to claw back what was given, but they are callous and have deep pockets, and courts can be stupid, so they can cause a lot of grief, tie things up, and probably drive smaller outfits into bankruptcy while it gets sorted out.

I agree with Mike in the comic, the only way to get the message through to them is to hit their pocket book hard. If not enough folks take an interest in this, they've already won. (Interesting character, he's done an EGS style maturing and becoming likable.)

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It's actually only partly about independent publications for D&D. There are entire other games that have been ported to the D20 system, and many settings. Some fairly good sized publishing houses, like Mongoose, are heavily invested in D20. I don't think Hasbeenbros has a legitimate claim to claw back what was given, but they are callous and have deep pockets, and courts can be stupid, so they can cause a lot of grief, tie things up, and probably drive smaller outfits into bankruptcy while it gets sorted out.

I don't think it will take all that long... seems that a certain rather prominent mouse owns one of those game systems.

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I don't think it will take all that long... seems that a certain rather prominent mouse owns one of those game systems.

It seemed from the list of brands that Hasbro is in bed with Disney. I expect they'll try to make an exception just for Disney.