• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Amiable Dorsai

Comic for Monday, May 9, 2022

Recommended Posts

Edward is receiving medical attention.  Huzzah!

I hope griffon healing magic does not mistake a moustache for a mutilated beak.  Otherwise restoration may produce complications

And who on the other side is attempting mind controll on a psychic warrior with a brain of stone?  Did he think it would work?  Was the attacker being set up?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Was the attacker being set up?

I had been thinking Liam was being set up, but there could be wheels within wheels, I suppose. In any case, there's trouble in Griffonstan. I'm hoping we get a glimpse of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure we will get a glimpse of it.  Between Liam's smirk when the other griffins were just coming and Dwight's disbelief in Liam, there is something coming.

That being said, Andrea geeking out over Grace is cute.  Glad she's tending to Edward.  In theory his not burnt out, so she should be able to do more healing to him than she could do to Elliot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrea may be aware of Seyunolu, but Grace is probably the first whom Andrea has seen who is part Lespuko—it seems that most Seyunolu come about because of interspecies romances rather than breeding projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ijuin said:

Andrea may be aware of Seyunolu, but Grace is probably the first whom Andrea has seen who is part Lespuko—it seems that most Seyunolu come about because of interspecies romances rather than breeding projects.

But really, who hasn't had sex with an alien space monkey? James T. Kirk would have done her and her sister.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

But really, who hasn't had sex with an alien space monkey? James T. Kirk would have done her and her sister.

I dunno—a Lespuko’s default form is like a hairless Mugato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ijuin said:
5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

But really, who hasn't had sex with an alien space monkey? James T. Kirk would have done her and her sister.

I dunno—a Lespuko’s default form is like a hairless Mugato.

Like that would stop Kirk in his prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TNG Enterprise-D had a crew of thousands, most of whom were never named and we only saw in background shots

I believe most of these extra Star Fleet personnel were the children of James T Kirk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More like grandchildren—he disappeared into the Nexus seventy years before TNG, and most of the crew of the D were younger than seventy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ijuin said:

More like grandchildren—he disappeared into the Nexus seventy years before TNG, and most of the crew of the D were younger than seventy.

Most?  Even if  anagathics are available in the Star Trek universe (which I don't think they are), most crew members are going to be early in their lives.  Anagathics are expensive in most universes that have them, mainly to keep the riff-raff from having them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Most?  Even if  anagathics are available in the Star Trek universe (which I don't think they are), most crew members are going to be early in their lives.  Anagathics are expensive in most universes that have them, mainly to keep the riff-raff from having them.

The median age of death for humans in the TNG era was stated to be about 120 years. But you are right that only senior officers (captains and higher) tend to stay in Starfleet past their sixties or seventies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course Vulcans are long lived.  Even if Spock was long lived by their standards, he was a senior star fleet officer during TOS and was a working ambassador in the TNG era.  Granted Dr. McCoy lived to at least the start of the TNG era, as he was in the 1st episode of TNG.  Wikipedia says that he was 137 years old then, which puts him firmly as a "cranky old man", even if the average life span is 120. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course Vulcans are long lived.  Even if Spock was long lived by their standards, he was a senior star fleet officer during TOS and was a working ambassador in the TNG era.

Tuvok (from Voyager) served on the Excelsior under Sulu in the 2290s, which puts him at least 110 years old during Voyager, and he is apparently only middle aged by Vulcan standards. Meanwhile, Sarek (Spock’s father) was alive until about 2370, so we can take however old Spock was and add a generation to it, making him close to two hundred years old at his death. Vulcans seem to live about twice as long as 24th century humans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course Vulcans are long lived.  Even if Spock was long lived by their standards, he was a senior star fleet officer during TOS and was a working ambassador in the TNG era.  Granted Dr. McCoy lived to at least the start of the TNG era, as he was in the 1st episode of TNG.  Wikipedia says that he was 137 years old then, which puts him firmly as a "cranky old man", even if the average life span is 120. 

 

42 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Tuvok (from Voyager) served on the Excelsior under Sulu in the 2290s, which puts him at least 110 years old during Voyager, and he is apparently only middle aged by Vulcan standards. Meanwhile, Sarek (Spock’s father) was alive until about 2370, so we can take however old Spock was and add a generation to it, making him close to two hundred years old at his death. Vulcans seem to live about twice as long as 24th century humans.

 

Yes, yes, we know elves are long lived, why should space elves be any different?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now