• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Comic for Saturday, Nov 19, 2022

Another game master recovery opportunity!

The Mayor's official residence is a hillside challet overlooking the village.

The road leads to the formal enterance on the top level while the garden & servant's door is at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Side effect of growing up in a hilly town.

Front & back doors on different levels are common.

Although enterances on the first & third stories would imply a big house on a very steep hill.

Simply having a third floor, excluding attic or basement/cellar levels, implies a large house if it’s outside of a crowded city environment where buildings build upward instead of outward.

Even in societies that allow one man one vote systems, political offices tend to be held by people of means.  That or the house is like the White House, and comes with the job.

Huh, I only just realized why Nanase's game persona was resonating so strongly for me: For a few day's after I had a hip replaced, I was completely unable to use stairs. It putan incredible crimp in my life. I couldn't even go home until I could climb enough stairs just to get in.

I didn't bring this up at the time of the first strip mentioning Nanase's character's backstory because I thought it would be too depressing, but my Grandmother died after falling down her basement stairs. I've been a lot more careful around stairs myself ever since. I also can no longer laugh at jokes about stairs, which makes the lighthearted way this story is handling the matter a bit annoying for me (on the other hand, I do find myself with a lot of sympathy for Nanase's character).