• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday March 18, 2016

On March 18, 2016 at 1:06 AM, WR...S said:

Y'know, there was a time this would've been funny, but now it just feels a bit tragic.

You mean, at this point, Tedd still hasn't had a bunch of the revelations about himself that he's had by the furthest-forward times we've seen, and so here we see little bits of inner conflict welling up and out? Yeah.

13 hours ago, Drachefly said:
On 3/18/2016 at 6:06 AM, WR...S said:

Y'know, there was a time this would've been funny, but now it just feels a bit tragic.

You mean, at this point, Tedd still hasn't had a bunch of the revelations about himself that he's had by the furthest-forward times we've seen, and so here we see little bits of inner conflict welling up and out? Yeah.

The Moderator: Ahem. I just realised that I did WR...S an injustice when I initially posted a remark speaking out against his post. I misread it as a rather rude criticism and now I see that it clearly was not intended so.

My apologies to both WR...S and the forum at large.

~tOH.

I think the intended meaning was "tragic for Tedd that (s)he is dealing with all of these internal conflicts", not "tragic for the readers that a joke is not funny".

34 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I think the intended meaning was "tragic for Tedd that (s)he is dealing with all of these internal conflicts", not "tragic for the readers that a joke is not funny".

Incidentally, the latter made me snicker. What is wrong with me? 

[Conflicts (e.g. "the most obvious", death; aggression; dealing with stranger; dealing with danger; no squirrels; dogs)]

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Indeed.

"Indeed", indeed.

On March 23, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Stature said:

Incidentally, the latter made me snicker. What is wrong with me? 

[Conflicts (e.g. "the most obvious", death; aggression; dealing with stranger; dealing with danger; no squirrels; dogs)]

"Indeed", indeed.

I forget the soirce, but. . .

"Tragedy is when I stub my toe. Comedy is when you fall in a sewer and die."

In other words, comedy is heavily based upon schadenfreude.