• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, Aug 30, 2023

Comic for Wednesday, Aug 30, 2023

It is logical that Kevin, being entirely non-biological, and going dormant when he isn't training someone thinks that is the only reason to exist. From the point of view of software design, he is lacking in user friendly interface features. Kevin is too early a version of what he is, at best the beta version.

It is not good that Tedd is taking Kevin's criticism to heart. It show too much vulnerability for the position he's been thrust into. Kevin's P.O.V. is unhealthy, and Sarah is correct. He probably needs more context, if he's able to absorb it. I'd start with "Magic is a tool, a means to other goals, not an all consuming purpose in itself. That is not true for you because you were created with the purpose of training others in magic, but Kevin, you are also a tool, a means to an end."

Maybe this arc will deal with Tedd's tendency to fixate at the expense of his other needs.

55 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Maybe this arc will deal with Tedd's tendency to fixate at the expense of his other needs.

So, "One way road" the return.

He has had some personal growth since then and does have more "I need to research more" going on.  I think that Tedd is dealing with deeper issues, but at least part of them will resolve fairly soon.   What I'm not looking forward to is Arthur retiring again and Bishop taking over DGB, or at least the local branch.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Sarah is correct.

Always 

It is not good that Tedd is taking Kevin's criticism to heart.

It may be hopeful thinking on my part, but I think Tedd is considering arguments to the contrary 

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

So, "One way road" the return.

Perhaps a little more optimistic this time

Even if Kevin was not deliberately designed to teach this subject, he may teach Tedd how to stand up to authority figures 

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Even if Kevin was not deliberately designed to teach this subject, he may teach Tedd how to stand up to authority figures 

Kevin said the Tedd was "graduated", which means he shouldn't be spending much time with Tedd

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/balance-112

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It is not good that Tedd is taking Kevin's criticism to heart.

It may be hopeful thinking on my part, but I think Tedd is considering arguments to the contrary 

I'm hoping Kevin has sparked an idea in Tedd,

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Speaking of authority figures, Tedd was given this “assignment” by the same person who created Kevin. It is likely that Kevin believes Arthur to be an authority superior to all others.

20 minutes ago, ijuin said:

It is likely that Kevin believes Arthur to be an authority superior to all others.

Of course he does.  Arthur is Daddy.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Kevin said the Tedd was "graduated", which means he shouldn't be spending much time with Tedd

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/balance-112

I don't thinks Kevin is specifically spending time with Tedd, but the setting for training is Tedd's basement because Tedd is also involved in training the others. Kevin is just making a passing judgemental comment involving things that Kevin is totally clueless about. Not unlike how people often do.

Do you remember in HHGttG how ordinary objects with Real People Personalities was a trope, and not a healthy one? Marvin saying the door was smug?

13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Do you remember in HHGttG how ordinary objects with Real People Personalities was a trope, and not a healthy one? Marvin saying the door was smug?

While I know I've read HHTttG, due to my memory loss, I don't recall much about it.