• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, Dec 11, 2023

Comic for Monday, Dec 11, 2023

Panel 1: Dreams look like sugar cookies with star shaped sprinkles. It is raining cookies.

I'm not sure if 'Elliot' in panel 2 is Elliot; the hair looks like Elliot, but  the figure is wearing a neck tie, which suggests he is not Elliot. Maybe he is Elliot looking for a job near campus, and is dressed for an interview?

Speaking of cookies, Rich in panel 4 gets a cookie. However, the text says his being correct is random. It is not. Rich's point of view about anomalies is like a stuck clock, per the saying, "A stopped clock is right twice a day" (twelve hour clock, with no AM/PM indicator; these are common among old school dial clocks.) Rich is correct because the circumstances matched his normal biased canned speech explanation. To be random, he would had to have selected from among alternatives, and then hit the correct explanation.

George Carlin did this well. "Tonight's weather will be dark, followed by more dark, with gradual lightening in the morning."

Arthur arguing against a rational explanation is odd, but perhaps he has an actual sense that this is anomalous, perhaps something tied to being a seer.

However, during the Parable dream, Arthur was not present as the NPC that looked like Arthur; that NPC was dismissed when Mist dismissed the NPCs (and Jay got upset). So (back to panel 1) apparently various dreams were shared by different people, not just the one in the Parable NP arc. If that's true, Mist getting his magic stuck in Jays was a one time thing out of many invasive shared dreams. It seems odd that he only found Rhoda, not Nanase nor Edward. Perhaps, even with many dreams, Mist's overall coverage was weak? If he only connected a few people each time, only for one night, that seems quite possible.

A bit of speculation, the griffin side outlaws 'tech' - perhaps they are stuck in a middle ages lifestyle? High death rate during child birth, slower population growth? Maybe Mist has no clue how many people a town in the EGS universe has?

7 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Arthur arguing against a rational explanation is odd, but perhaps he has an actual sense that this is anomalous, perhaps something tied to being a seer.

That was my thought as well.  It did seem a little out of character,