• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Anyone else think Diane should try the Nerd-Girl look for a while?

I don't think so. For one thing the "dorky nerd" look she imagined really doesn't look very good. Secondly, while some minor modifications (such as no tape on the glasses) could make it look good, it still wouldn't suit her personality.

Taped-together glasses are less of a “nerd” thing than they are an “I’m too broke to pay for new frames” thing.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:44 AM, ijuin said:

Taped-together glasses are less of a “nerd” thing than they are an “I’m too broke to pay for new frames” thing.

It can be both (particularly when we're talking about the old negative nerd stereotypes), and in this case I think it was supposed to be another "nerd" detail rather than a hint Diane thinks of herself as poor (though I suppose Susan's family does have more money than Diane's).