• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Tuesday, Jul 9, 2024

Comic for Tuesday, Jul 9, 2024

An odd comic that starts with a portrayal of an anticipated event; the date group reforming after a break; first panel, no surprises, no real news. One leading question.

Second panel, Diane and Lucy spill the beans about meeting two former dates, who have since departed. Again, not unexpected, except . . .

Dates? Plural? They remember them enough to recall going out more than once? That did not seem to be the case, until just now. Or is it just a slip of the tongue?

They do seem to be pulling in details, even if in just a negative sense. (Who dated who?)

Third panel, Catalina is not happy. It is not clear at all why Catalina is not happy. I have two guesses. Catalina is taken aback by the lack of gayness, or Catalina somehow suspects that the former boyfriends are connected with the being chased at the mall incident (which they are, but I don't see why she has a reason to think so.) Either case seems like an overreaction; although if Catalina has a reason to connect the dots, she's not overreacting to Camdin. He doesn't seem overtly evil, but he does seem like someone to be avoided.

Catalina, it seems to me, does not like the disposable way Diane & Lucy seem to treat people. 

You went out of your way trying to be close to them, and now you can't even remember their names?  Will you even recall me when I see you next week? 

Of course, I could be wrong and Catalina just ate a hot dog with Crazy Larry's funky ganja relish they keep behind the snack bar for after the kids leave. 

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Catalina, it seems to me, does not like the disposable way Diane & Lucy seem to treat people. 

You went out of your way trying to be close to them, and now you can't even remember their names?  Will you even recall me when I see you next week? 

Of course, I could be wrong and Catalina just ate a hot dog with Crazy Larry's funky ganja relish they keep behind the snack bar for after the kids leave.

If that's her view, it is not wholly inaccurate. Diane appears to be getting better, and I suspect Lucy is as well.

They don't really know Catalina yet, but they are invested in Rhoda, and she should have picked up on that.

I suspect that Catalina feels that they had something to do with them being chased.  Or she's freaking out over D&L past history, not fully understanding what serial daters they were.  Given my history of predictions of EGS stuff, it's a 3rd thing.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I suspect that Catalina feels that they had something to do with them being chased.

While we know it is the same people, she should not, at this point. I doubt she'd recognize their faces if she saw them.

20 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

While we know it is the same people, she should not, at this point. I doubt she'd recognize their faces if she saw them.

She was facing them doing the werecat thing when they came around the corner and freaked.  Granted wearing hoodies, but she still might have seen enough of them to recognize them later.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

She was facing them doing the werecat thing when they came around the corner and freaked.  Granted wearing hoodies, but she still might have seen enough of them to recognize them later.

I thought about that, and I didn't think so. She was mostly running away, and then when she sprang that, they were mostly running away. In the brief period that they realized they should run, she was probably not yet focused on details, but it seemed like Luke took longer to flee because they knocked him down, and she might have got a look at him.

Ditto Rhoda, who by that point would likely have been viewing them.

The key is, "Is this character observant of details when under duress?" I think Diane would have pulled it off, maybe Susan or Jay. Nanase maybe due to the crime busting, but Ellen seems to need assistance (her participation figuring out where the griffin(s) were).

But you're not wrong, it's all speculation, and it's possible.