• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stature

Story Friday March 3, 2017

31 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(Third: those alien mind control spores were not actually disproved. Her behaviour in Zoombies storyline is suspicious. Maybe she decided she waited for Verres to notice enough.)

Is it possible that Edward Verres was using the mind control spores on her?

Not unless it was accident and he didn't realized how they work. Based, again, on his behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 10:30 PM, hkmaly said:

Also ... Wolf not knowing about aliens and still being allowed to see Lavender? I think someone was making fun of him just before explaining it.

This is what I think as well. 

It kind of feels like Hazing the new hot-shot who may need a lesson in humility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I just saw the assertion that Lavender is not an alien as being the exact same thing as Will and Gillian being natural-born Americans.  Wolf was doing the equivalent of grumbling about the darned Mexican foreigner in regards to a Latina co-worker, even though she was born in Nebraska and has never been to either Mexico or the country her actual genetic origins were from.  Of course they would send him to sensitivity training if he keeps calling her an alien!

ProfessorTomoe likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

 I just saw the assertion that Lavender is not an alien as being the exact same thing as Will and Gillian being natural-born Americans.  Wolf was doing the equivalent of grumbling about the darned Mexican foreigner in regards to a Latina co-worker, even though she was born in Nebraska and has never been to either Mexico or the country her actual genetic origins were from.  Of course they would send him to sensitivity training if he keeps calling her an alien!

His previous notes suggests Wolf is not completely in the loop regarding Uryuoms, because while Will, Gillian and probably Lavender are natural-born Americans, their existence proves existence of actual aliens.

Of course, Edward's reaction, as person who IS completely in the loop, was the same as in your scenario.

Which, again, suggests that agent Wolf was supposed to be in the know but wasn't told. Possibly so they can make fun from him.

It's also possible that he was supposed to be told between those two comics but wasn't paying attention. Maybe as part of that first sensitivity training? That does sound like something he might be so bored by to miss the confirmation of existence of aliens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

It kind of feels like Hazing the new hot-shot who may need a lesson in humility. 

Except that this is interfering with ability of the office to function.

Edward's disguises for Uryuoms effectively fool almost all casual human observers.  But Wolf is NOT a casual observer.  He is a trained investigator of the paranormal.  If he sees someone in the office who is not human and he does not comment on this to his boss, internal security, and the chain of command, he is derelict in his duty.

The first time Wolf made an inappropriate comment about Lavender, it would have put him in a "Need To Know" situation.  Even if the response at that time was Edward taking him aside to tell him a version of the truth that didn't give away anything he didn't need to know.

"Yes, she is not human.  She is not from outer space but was born here in the USA.  She is American and has a security clearance that is appropriate for this office.  Some people in the office know she isn't human, but work with her like anyone else.  Other people in the office don't even notice anything different about her.  And that is NOT because of anything she is doing.  As long as the people who know continue to treat her like another employee, the people who don't know, don't need to know.  Don't draw attention to her or yourself when dealing with her.  For all our sakes."

With Edward brushing off Wolfs concerns, Wolf may be justified in suspecting the mind control scenario.  This has obviously been going on for some time.  This has fed his concern, possibly to the point of paranoia.  His ability to do his job has been negatively impacted.  And he is adding a hostile element to the work environment that affects everyone else.

Hazing can be fun and form connections in social and professional settings.   But the line between fun and dangerous is unmarked and easy to cross.  This could end up hurting everyone.

Of course this was at the time of Lavender's first appearance in the strip, which was two years before the beginning of the comic It is quite possible that Wolf was brought up to speed by now.  But the potential for unnecessary conflict and office disruption could have been avoided if the only reason Edward didn't tell Wolf SOMETHING  at the inception.  As Barney Fife so eloquently put it, "...you've got to nip it in the bud."
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Edward's disguises for Uryuoms effectively fool almost all casual human observers.  But Wolf is NOT a casual observer.  He is a trained investigator of the paranormal.  If he sees someone in the office who is not human and he does not comment on this to his boss, internal security, and the chain of command, he is derelict in his duty.

Agree. On the other hand, calling her alien before other people wouldn't exactly be best reaction in such case. He SHOULD inform security / chain of command in way which minimizes chance Lavender notices.

12 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The first time Wolf made an inappropriate comment about Lavender, it would have put him in a "Need To Know" situation.  Even if the response at that time was Edward taking him aside to tell him a version of the truth that didn't give away anything he didn't need to know.

"Yes, she is not human.  She is not from outer space but was born here in the USA.  She is American and has a security clearance that is appropriate for this office.  Some people in the office know she isn't human, but work with her like anyone else.  Other people in the office don't even notice anything different about her.  And that is NOT because of anything she is doing.  As long as the people who know continue to treat her like another employee, the people who don't know, don't need to know.  Don't draw attention to her or yourself when dealing with her.  For all our sakes."

I suspect some "version of the truth" might actually be something which Wolf would be able to misunderstand.

14 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Hazing can be fun and form connections in social and professional settings.   But the line between fun and dangerous is unmarked and easy to cross.  This could end up hurting everyone.

It wouldn't be first time hazing went over line. Nor most serious case.

18 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course this was at the time of Lavender's first appearance in the strip, which was two years before the beginning of the comic It is quite possible that Wolf was brought up to speed by now.

I seriously hope so, as agent Wolf definitely wouldn't be able to function for two years like this. Either they explained it to him properly, or there WAS some sort of mind-control involved ... and mind-controlling one of strongest wizards in midwest US doesn't sound like good idea even in settings where wizards don't necessary have stronger mind than mundane people.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0