• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

209 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Last TWB post for a while

BOO. HISS. WE WANT MORE OF THEM.

 

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I know the feeling.

Oscar Mayer won't even read my e-mails telling them which movies should get best picture.

Maybe if you tried to suggest something a bit more recent than Gomer Pyle and the Three Stooges.

mlooney likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Downton Abbey marathon is interrupted periodically by pledge breaks.  One of the gifts for larger pledge amounts is a set of DVDs which come with a signal pull bell, just like the ones the Family use to summon the Staff from their basement lair on the show.

What's most amusing is my own reaction, in that I find myself sorely tempted.  I can picture hooking it up to the doorbell, or with a wireless remote, or even running a cord from my bedroom to the kitchen or living room, just to be able to show it off to guests.  Totally useless, yet fun to imagine uses for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

The Downton Abbey marathon is interrupted periodically by pledge breaks.  One of the gifts for larger pledge amounts is a set of DVDs which come with a signal pull bell, just like the ones the Family use to summon the Staff from their basement lair on the show.

What's most amusing is my own reaction, in that I find myself sorely tempted.  I can picture hooking it up to the doorbell, or with a wireless remote, or even running a cord from my bedroom to the kitchen or living room, just to be able to show it off to guests.  Totally useless, yet fun to imagine uses for!

This is so incredibly common, especially amongst fanboys/girls. I once came within a hair's breadth of sinking about half a thousand dollars I could ill spare into a replica of Sting, Bilbo's old sword which he passed on to Frodo. And a blogger I was rather fond of fell completely in love with a ridiculous helmet from the Final Fantasy series. I mean, at least that British acquaintance of mine I met years ago who had reproductions of every Doctor Who outfit existing at the time had some clothes to wear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Old Hack said:

This is so incredibly common, especially amongst fanboys/girls. I once came within a hair's breadth of sinking about half a thousand dollars I could ill spare into a replica of Sting, Bilbo's old sword which he passed on to Frodo. And a blogger I was rather fond of fell completely in love with a ridiculous helmet from the Final Fantasy series. I mean, at least that British acquaintance of mine I met years ago who had reproductions of every Doctor Who outfit existing at the time had some clothes to wear!

I hear you. I would have a whole room full of 1:18 scale die-cast IndyCar and Formula One cars if I could afford them. I've already got three wall cases of smaller 1:36 Kinsmart replica cars (and a "parking lot" of them waiting for more cases) that are much more detailed than any of the Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars I had as a kid. Good thing they're under $10 at CVS. If they were any more expensive, Mrs. Prof would try and run me over with them.

The Old Hack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This set of 4 TWB strips.

1st, establishing that Swampy has socks:

autowb825.gif

2nd: Showing that he still has socks:

autotwb2325.png

And this explaining what the "old socks" are

autotwb2323.png

And what makes it really funny is this

autotwb2324.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what I find amusing about The Whiteboard?

Doc run a paintball supply and repair shop, and yet he's always buying the paint he uses at Red's field from Red instead of bringing his own.

Though to be honest, I'm surprised Doc and Roger haven't attempted to manufacture their own paintballs.

ijuin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Doc run a paintball supply and repair shop, and yet he's always buying the paint he uses at Red's field from Red instead of bringing his own.

Well yesterday, webcomic time, they did bring 3 pallets of paintballs to the field.  Other than that, I think they buy paint to help Red stay in business.

The Old Hack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well yesterday, webcomic time, they did bring 3 pallets of paintballs to the field.  Other than that, I think they buy paint to help Red stay in business.

Wait. I just got past the part where Doc OD's on caffeine again to run back to the shop for paint, and then goes into a caffeine withdraw/sleepwalk and takes over the field with a prototype marker minigun. That was "yesterday"? I had seen bits and pieces from you posting here, but I was under the impression Swampy was moving a second time.

Welp, at least the comic does a pretty good job with breaking the fourth wall without breaking the fourth wall.

autotwb2036.png

Is Red talking about the players waiting for the next game to start, or the readers waiting for the next story?  We may never know.... ;)

 

Update: Just got caught up, yep, it's taken that long from the first mention of moving to actually getting Swampy packed up.

Doc's may have started the comic 4 months after Dan, started EGS, but I'm pretty sure Doc has Dan beat on how long a day can be stretched out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0