• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

6 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Ah, so spammers are embracing globalisation and diversity. Too bad they haven't researched their target market and have more targeted email campaigns.

I meant here.  We had a bunch of Eastern language spam for a while.  I supect China.

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I meant here.  We had a bunch of Eastern language spam for a while.  I supect China.

I didn't say that I was talking about western spammers, did I? ;)

26 minutes ago, partner555 said:

I didn't say that I was talking about western spammers, did I? ;)

It was the targeted email aspect I meant.  Posting to forums / blogs is not targeted.

Well, I'm getting sort of targeted emails now.   Not that is really something you want, you understand.
I just added another domain to my list of domains and, again, forgot to use the hide your real ID option, so whois is returning real data.  I'm getting a ton of people, who it seems, don't really read English (based on their response and the implied NSFW domain name) but are willing, for a big pile of cash, turn it into a monetized web machine.  I've got an semi-auto reply of "Never contact me again" set up for these messages, but I'm willing to bet that even just sending that back will trigger a reply from the scum suckers.  We will see what we will see.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, I'm getting sort of targeted emails now.   Not that is really something you want, you understand.
I just added another domain to my list of domains and, again, forgot to use the hide your real ID option, so whois is returning real data.  I'm getting a ton of people, who it seems, don't really read English (based on their response and the implied NSFW domain name) but are willing, for a big pile of cash, turn it into a monetized web machine.  I've got an semi-auto reply of "Never contact me again" set up for these messages, but I'm willing to bet that even just sending that back will trigger a reply from the scum suckers.  We will see what we will see.

Give them electronic hell. Make a list of them and feed it to your dishwasher.

Above an beyond political issues
I have a skinny white boy butt.  All the chairs I have in the apartment are hard wood chairs, which means I need a pillow for my sensitive, tender butt.  For the last 5 or so years I've been using a "Comfy Pillow" of TV ad fame.  They aren't all that great, but they sort work.  The damn thing just ruptured, oozing some sort of goo1 all over my computer chair and the floor under my desk, and of course over my butt.  The goo doesn't seem be water soluble, and required a crap ton of scrubbing to get off.  Scrubbing a body part you can't see is, I just found out, not a trivial task.

1Not that kind of goo.  At least I don't think so.  Hasn't made any noises yet or slithered away.

Edited by mlooney
Left out the foot note. Fixed spelling

The OS X version of the client of Dropbox.  Enough so that I created a crap ton of symlinks in my Yandex folder to the ~/Dropbox folder.  The damn thing just dies a horrible death if it has to sync more than about 3000 files.  I've got 500,000+ files there.  (Daz studio creates a crap ton of file...).   Right now I don't care if the their "cloud" is located in Russia and/or Ukraine (traceroute says Russia, but it's not always right).  It works better than both Dropbox, Creative Cloud, and Google drive.  That's even with Cox Cable being a yo-yo.  Stuff I want secure goes the Mega, which is encrypted and lives in New Zealand.  Also works better that the US based cloud drives.  I've go 1.1 TB of storage for $12 USD and 50 GB on Mega for free.

Also the Yandex search for images is much better than Google image search, in that it has an automatic "save this image to your Yandex disk option, which works bloody fast.

Grunt, snarl, bite etc.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The automatic white typeface when editing in this forum well documented.

But just tonight, I was hit with all white text in a primary post.  And the little Font Color button was missing.

Oh, yeah, that would be major annoying.

And it seems to have lost a post of mine.  Not an important one, but still annoying.

[edit] Never mind.  Went into the "Things you don't know how you feel about" thread.  Toss up on it needing to be there or here, really

Waking up in the wee hours of the morning with almost all the symptoms  of a hangover when you didn't drink the night before.  I strongly suspect migraine Prodromal stage so I am taking my standard mix of early migraine medications to hopefully stop it.  If nothing else they will work on standard headaches and I'm drinking several glasses of water on the chance it's dehydration caused by some source I can't think of right now.

Regardless very freaking annoying.

13 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Waking up in the wee hours of the morning with almost all the symptoms  of a hangover when you didn't drink the night before.  I strongly suspect migraine Prodromal stage so I am taking my standard mix of early migraine medications to hopefully stop it.  If nothing else they will work on standard headaches and I'm drinking several glasses of water on the chance it's dehydration caused by some source I can't think of right now.

Regardless very freaking annoying.

Yeah. :( I hope you recover from it soon.

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Yeah. :( I hope you recover from it soon.

Not sure what it was.  I went back to sleep right after I wrote that and woke up about noon, and feel like I should go back to bed, which I may or may not do.

21 hours ago, ijuin said:

Ones where you can do nothing to avoid the trigger are especially annoying.

So the incessant sneezing cleared up today with just just as little rhyme or reason or reason as it started. While it's a relief it just make the face I don't know why it happens and how to prevent it all the more annoying.

23 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

So the incessant sneezing cleared up today with just just as little rhyme or reason or reason as it started. While it's a relief it just make the face I don't know why it happens and how to prevent it all the more annoying.

Even so, I am glad to hear it has cleared up for now. I don't know, maybe you are allergic to Election Days :/

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Not allergic—just having a bad reaction. :danshiftyeyes:

Definitely had a bad reaction to that but that's a subject for a different topic.

My apartment is drafty.  It's low 40s right now and my HVAC kicks on about every 15 minutes or so when set on 71 degrees.  Does weird things to my sleep cycle, in that I end up having dreams with odd noises in them that wake me up.

And it just kicked in again.  Less than 10 minutes this time.

Le Sigh.

#1stworldproblem

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

My apartment is drafty.  It's low 40s right now and my HVAC kicks on about every 15 minutes or so when set on 71 degrees.  Does weird things to my sleep cycle, in that I end up having dreams with odd noises in them that wake me up.

I bet it is envious of the attention that your dishwasher used to get. It is trying to summon elder gods but hasn't quite mastered the evil chanting yet.

When I click and drag to highlight something and the mouse button signal flickers in and out screwing it up. Double bonus when it's a link which gets clicked in the process. Triple bonus when the page you were highlighting content on was a page which had "Load more" buttons which you had to use to get to said content as well.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:29 PM, mlooney said:

my HVAC kicks on about every 15 minutes or so

If you've got part of it in your attic, get your condensation downspout checked and make sure it's not plugged. Your HVAC might be kicking *off* instead, due to condensation backing up in your pan and tripping a safety switch.

Trust me. I learned this the hard way. At least have someone check it.