• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

This a full on  mlooney TMI post.  You have been warned.

I have been having want I thought to be impossible.  Frequent constipation.  About ever 3-4 hours, more or less around the clock  I need to have a bowel movement. Normally when this is happening to me, it with high numbers on the BSS.  Over the last day?  Nope.  Every three to four hours pass a stone like stool, then make sure it didn't plug up the toilet.  People say that other people get butt hurt on the Internet.  Nope getting butt hurt in the bathroom.

This started with a freaking monster of a class 2 stool, and has been a series of class 1 every few hours.  I know that I about to have another one because I stop farting every few minutes.  I am glad I live alone right now.

BristolStoolChart.png

Tumblr on my tablet.  If I don't request the desktop page, it rather vigorously suggest the app, which if click on it just opens the app, but not on the page you were viewing, but you dashboard, which is useless unless you have that blog in your favorite list and you are viewing the most current page.

Thumps.db files.  Bane of my live.  Even if I was running Windows, when loading some one else 3D models, I don't want your version of the file.

I broke a wire in the power cord of the laptop.  However they are cheap and I have Amazon prime so shipping is free. Still a pain in the butt.

[edit] I am dumb.  Problem was it's a two part system and one of the plugs was undone.  Meh.  I'll have a back up.  Can't hurt.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

I broke a wire in the power cord of the laptop.  However they are cheap and I have Amazon prime so shipping is free. Still a pain in the butt.

[edit] I am dumb.  Problem was it's a two part system and one of the plugs was undone.  Meh.  I'll have a back up.  Can't hurt.

A friend of mine used to work computer support in one of our big breweries. One thing that would always annoy him on the occasions where they had to call for outside support was that they always started by asking if all the cables were properly connected. He had worked with computers for decades and felt it was a stupid question to ask someone like him.

One fine evening his modem didn't work properly. He couldn't get it to respond. He spent two hours running all sorts of diagnostics programs and tests. Then finally he noticed that somehow the connecting cable to the modem had come loose. He fastened it properly and then the modem worked fine. He never ever complained when anyone asked that question again.

It never fails, I'd be reading the forums, or a comic, or something, using the mouse the scroll and such, and my cursor magically* drifts to the upper right corner of the screen and my finger twitches just as it lands on the "x" and closes the browser....

*I have my mouse sensitivity set for gaming so the slightest movements of the mouse moves the cursor a decent amount, so it's really my fault.

I've had a few times now, on either iPad, when a page I'm reading will suddenly start to scroll, and no matter what I do it won't *stop* scrolling.  If I drag back to where I was, as soon as I let go it starts scrolling away again.  If I let it get to the end of the page it was heading towards, and then try to scroll back to where I was, it will stubbornly insist on going back to the end.  The only way to get it to stop scrolling is to close the tab and then reopen the page in a new tab.  It moves far too fast to be anyone's intended reading speed, but it isn't a blur either.

Anyone familiar with this phenomena?  I'm sure I'm accidentally activating some sort of "feature" but if so they should make it easier to turn off!

I just lost a crown.

The gap in the teeth feels weird.

Of course this happened just after my dentist's office closed for the night.

Better call her tomorrow.  I have an appointment in two weeks.  Is there anything to be realistically done before then?

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Better call her tomorrow.  I have an appointment in two weeks.  Is there anything to be realistically done before then?

Do you have a nice blender to puree all your food with?

Actually, it isn't that bad.  Which is why I put this in the Annoying thread and not the Medication thread.

I can bite and chew.  There is no pain.  And everything else in the upper GI tract is working normally.

Most people aren't interested in what my lower GI tract is doing.

Do you still have the crown, despite it having come off, or is it no longer in your possession? If you have it still, then some mild denture adhesive could hold it in place as a temporary measure until you can get to the dentist.

I can lay flat on my back.  That's it.  Rolling on my side or trying to stand up is right out.  Taking all the drugs today.

On 3/6/2017 at 6:15 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I have it.  Keeping it in water.  There is a bit of tooth in there, but this is post root canal so there is nothing alive in that tooth.

How'd the dentist visit go anyway?

Trying to pass a stone when it hurts to stand up, and for that matter to bend over to flush the toilet.  And having drunk enough water to need to go pee about every 5-10 minutes.  I'll know when it passes by

1. The pain
  2. A longer lasting pee than I have been having.

psd-detail-sad-face-official-psds-L4WZJ1

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Trying to pass a stone when it hurts to stand up, and for that matter to bend over to flush the toilet.  And having drunk enough water to need to go pee about every 5-10 minutes.  I'll know when it passes by

1. The pain
  2. A longer lasting pee than I have been having.

You have my sympathies. I've never had to pass one, and based on your reporting, I'm damned glad I haven't had to.

Question about an old wives' tale remedy - does cranberry juice help? I'd always assumed they gave it to you in post-op so that you don't suffer from Post Operative Urinary Retention (P.O.U.R. — that one I have had, and I have very few foes I would wish it upon).

3 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Question about an old wives' tale remedy - does cranberry juice help?

It does for infections; I don't know about stones.  Might get some next time I go shopping, just to see.  Assuming I don't drink it first :-)

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

It might have just happened.  I hope.

Well, yes and no.  Yes, a stone passed.  No, it was not the only one.