• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

9 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Perfect time to be posting here...  :)

I priced my very strong migraine medicine and that is going to wait until I get Medicare.  On the other hand my medium strong stuff, OTC ketoprofen I just found a local supplier of.  And cheaper than the New York pharmacy I had been using.  That will happen at the end of the month.

Edited by mlooney
Spelling drugs man

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I priced my very strong migraine medicine and that is going to wait until I get Medicare.  On the other hand my medium strong stuff, OTC ketoprofin I just found a local supplier of.  And cheaper than the New York pharmacy I had been using.  That will happen at the end of the month.

Hoping you'll have no further need of migraine meds this year...

I went Google diving because my local source of ketoprofen includes caffeine and riboflavin.  Almost every study on analgesics says that drug plus caffeine is better than just drug for headaches, so I not surprised there, however I found that 400mg of riboflavin daily has strong evidence that it lowers the number of migraines you get however doesn't do anything to the strength and duration of the migraine if you do get one.  Regardless it cheap and at that dose has few side effects other than turn your pee yellow. I will be getting some come the end of the month.  Drugs.com doesn't list any side effects I was not already aware of with those added to my mix so I think I am will be starting a new migraine plan in 2017.  And with any luck I can find a plan D that covers Midrin.  The self pay cost is just under four dollars a pill.

[edit]  No such freaking luck.  Bleh.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

I went Google diving because my local source of ketoprofen includes caffeine and riboflavin.  Almost every study on analgesics says that drug plus caffeine is better than just drug for headaches, so I not surprised there, however I found that 400mg of riboflavin daily has strong evidence that it lowers the number of migraines you get however doesn't do anything to the strength and duration of the migraine if you do get one.  Regardless it cheap and at that dose has few side effects other than turn your pee yellow. I will be getting some come the end of the month.  Drugs.com doesn't list any side effects I was not already aware of with those added to my mix so I think I am will be starting a new migraine plan in 2017.  And with any luck I can find a plan D that covers Midrin.  The self pay cost is just under four dollars a pill.

[edit]  No such freaking luck.  Bleh.

Best of luck with the new mix...

On 12/19/2016 at 5:59 PM, mlooney said:

Based on frequency of them and the date I suspect I am having the last "classic" right frontal part of my head migraine of 2016.  Already taken drugs and I can feel them working, so that is good.  Of course this means I am going to be a bit loopy for a while.  Meh.

Loopy or Looney? ;p

4 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

Loopy or Looney?

That would be both.  The default is Looney with out Loopy, but some times `use loopy;` gets run.

I have been out-of-sorts since returning from Austin last Friday. I've had Christmas Eve, Christmas, and Boxing Day (for those who celebrate it) to recover, but I'm still not fully where I should be. Headache, fatigue, and constant mild numbness in my left pinky finger. No idea why, but I hope it clears up tomorrow (that's Bourbon Barrel Temptress attempt #3 at Lakewood Brewing's taproom)(it's also a dentist day—bleh).

To add to the fun, I'm taking Nexium again. I can't eat much of anything without getting sick to my stomach—I can't even drink a whole cup of coffee. Rather than fall back on my promethazine (a medicine of last resort), I'm attacking it from the possible H. pylori build-up angle. (BTW, I was told after my gastric bypass I'd need to take Nexium or something like it for the rest of my life, but my family doctor hasn't prescribed me anything. I'm therefore taking the OTC version.)

2016 is such a [CENSORED].

Okay, something's wrong.

My depression is taking over. I'm taking all my pills on schedule, but none of the antidepressants seem to be working. All I want to do is sleep.

I'm supposed to be reading and critiquing other people's works in a Beta read cycle on Scribophile, but I can barely get started. Case in point: the book I'm supposed to critique right now is 30 chapters. I've done four, and my deadline for all 30 is Sunday (with tomorrow being a day when I'll have practically no time to read).

Why the hell can't I get motivated? What's going on inside my head that keeps tripping the breaker and shutting things down?

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Okay, something's wrong.

My depression is taking over. I'm taking all my pills on schedule, but none of the antidepressants seem to be working. All I want to do is sleep.

I'm supposed to be reading and critiquing other people's works in a Beta read cycle on Scribophile, but I can barely get started. Case in point: the book I'm supposed to critique right now is 30 chapters. I've done four, and my deadline for all 30 is Sunday (with tomorrow being a day when I'll have practically no time to read).

Why the hell can't I get motivated? What's going on inside my head that keeps tripping the breaker and shutting things down?

I have been having the same issue for months.  Dr. upped the Lamictal dose as far as safe and told me to call him if it didn't work after 50 days.  Calling tomorrow.

For the first time in years, I was told that my shrink isn't in.  Seems that he is on vacation until 1st week of Jan.  What I wanted to talk to him about, Lamictal not working as well as it should, isn't something that need to call his on call replacement about.  Meh.

#1stworldproblem

Ouch. Christmastime is the most popular time for taking off from work, but it can lead to entire industries becoming temporarily unavailable. I remember having to deal with an infected tooth for several weeks due to every endodontist in my county being out of the office--pain so sharp that I could not sleep at all during those weeks, and lots of swelling and pus as well--my cheek was so swollen that my left eye was squeezed shut.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Ouch. Christmastime is the most popular time for taking off from work, but it can lead to entire industries becoming temporarily unavailable. I remember having to deal with an infected tooth for several weeks due to every endodontist in my county being out of the office--pain so sharp that I could not sleep at all during those weeks, and lots of swelling and pus as well--my cheek was so swollen that my left eye was squeezed shut.

OW OW OW OW FARKING OW

I spent a couple of hours in the dentist's office yesterday. You know the drill.

Yah, it was the worst I've had so far in my life--not because of the intensity of the pain, but because it went on and on and ON for most of a month. A few hours of it is one thing, but ongoing sleep deprivation due to pain sucks far more. Fortunately it was several years ago and not recent.

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My physician wants me to have a psychiatric evaluation for depression ASAP (he specifically included that instruction on the prescription).

I called the clinic and the earliest they can see me is March.

That really sucks.

Two dose of NyQuil, with probably a 3rd do soon, makes for a really trippy day.  A more or less lost day.  The only reason I am sure my conversation with former pointy haired owner really happened is the evidence left on my phone, I.e the length of the call and his number being in the blocked list.

On the last day of the suckhole that is 2016, I'm having to deal with what I think is an arthritis flareup. I woke up with it. The pain is in the knuckle joint at the base of my right middle finger. It's making typing a bit uncomfortable. I've put Aspercreme on it, and am hoping that a mostly-full tube one month past its expiration date will still be good.

I'd take my tramadol, but my coffee hasn't settled in my stomach yet and I've been having trouble with food/pills not wanting to stay down lately. Giving it a few more minutes and hoping I don't have to send yet another promethazine pill down with it.

BTW, I'm going to the doctor about the increasing nausea attacks as soon as he gets back from vacation—on this coming Friday. At 8:10 in the morning. Bleh.

The knuckle pain is pretty well gone today. That's a good thing, since I had to critique 13 chapters and an Epilogue of someone's novel on Scribophile. The joys of being a beta reader.

In other news, I can't wait for tomorrow night. I have to take melatonin in order to help me sleep. I'm on the maximum OTC dosage (I don't know if there's such a thing as prescription melatonin), which is 10mg. The only problem with taking that much is that you can't take it continuously. You take it for two months (60 days), and then you have to take a week off. Tonight is the last night of my off-week, so I get to go back on it Monday night. Should sleep much easier.

One irritation: I have not been able to find 60 count bottles of 10mg melatonin. All I can find are 120 count bottles. That means I have to count out 60 pills and put them in an empty pill container. Otherwise, I'll have no idea when I hit the two month mark.

Going to the doctor Friday morning. I've been having trouble with constant bloating and gas, frequent nausea, and in some cases (like tonight) the urgent need to throw up immediately after (or during) a meal. I've taken more promethazine in the past week than I've taken over the last six months.

I've been taking Nexium OTC for the last 10 days. It's not helping.

I'm also developing a hard spot on the right side of my jaw (it's not connected to the bone, so it's either a cyst, lymph node, or salivary gland that's swollen). Add soreness in my ears (both), and you've got a non-happy person here.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah. Hope the doctor will say oh it's all from the same thing.  Here take this cheap drug that taste like (insert favorite food) twice a day for a week.

Failing that what ever it is is treatable without much hassle.

Agreed. This sounds really unpleasant. Get better soon.

Thanks. Just got back from picking up prescriptions. The doctor says I have a separate upper respiratory (ear+nose+throat) infection to go with whatever the hell is wrong with my upper GI issue. He gave me Augmentin and benzonatate for the respiratory problems. He also felt around on my stomach below my rib cage and said it all seems "tight." Result: blood tests to check WTF is going on.