• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

Patreon Jun 1, 2018 - Buff Rhea

Recommended Posts

https://www.patreon.com/posts/single-buff-rhea-19168255

I have to say, I really like the look of women with well-defined muscles (though some body-builders do go a little too far for my tastes). It's really a shame that so many female superheroes are drawn more like supermodels or busty Barbie-dolls - particularly in the case of superheroines with super strength I'd love to see them drawn like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

though some body-builders do go a little too far for my tastes

I suspect only female body-builders who didn't went too far are the ones who didn't finished yet. Body builder ideal doesn't look well even on man, much less woman. Of course, not like body-builders are only ones who failed to realize danger of extremes ...

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

It's really a shame that so many female superheroes are drawn more like supermodels or busty Barbie-dolls - particularly in the case of superheroines with super strength I'd love to see them drawn like this.

Agree. At least when they are USING that force ...

However, some commenter commented that he feels something is wrong with the curve of her spine. I don't think problem is the curve. I'm pretty sure her spine has acute angle somewhere. Also known as being broken.

... common condition between female superheroes, actually ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not without the highlights, she is not. Alas, the original is fine, bright is just for show.

What is up with these parties? :demonicduck: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stature said:

What is up with these parties? :demonicduck: 

Can you imagine better opportunity for pranks like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect only female body-builders who didn't went too far are the ones who didn't finished yet. Body builder ideal doesn't look well even on man, much less woman. Of course, not like body-builders are only ones who failed to realize danger of extremes ...

Well yes, male or female bodybuilders who reach high-end competition tend to look disturbingly unnatural rather than just really strong. However, there is a level of muscle definition beyond what athletes in other sports normally achieve that can still look pretty good, a level that you normally need to do some training with the intent of building muscles to achieve (or so I understand), and if this isn't in that category it's certainly close to it.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

However, some commenter commented that he feels something is wrong with the curve of her spine. I don't think problem is the curve. I'm pretty sure her spine has acute angle somewhere. Also known as being broken.

... common condition between female superheroes, actually ...

Personally, I'm interpreting her to have developed very wide chest and hips; in my interpretation her back isn't bent particularly unnaturally, though it might not be a comfortable position to stand in for long. However if you assume more normal chest and hip proportions it does look like she's practically folded in half (though in that case, I would expect her upper abs and lower chest to be sticking out more in front).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Personally, I'm interpreting her to have developed very wide chest and hips; in my interpretation her back isn't bent particularly unnaturally, though it might not be a comfortable position to stand in for long. However if you assume more normal chest and hip proportions it does look like she's practically folded in half (though in that case, I would expect her upper abs and lower chest to be sticking out more in front).

I think it's a bit of both.  I think Rhea is arching her back some but she is also very hourglassy with almost no waist between hips and a widening back  Fv5 Greg has this same thing going but it's not as noticeable because of his pose vs. Rhea's.  Look at just the back-foot side of Greg and you'll see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Can you imagine better opportunity for pranks like this?

Someone probably replaced the ginger ale or club soda for the punch with some Germahn Labs TF Soda with the random enchantments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect only female body-builders who didn't went too far are the ones who didn't finished yet. Body builder ideal doesn't look well even on man, much less woman. Of course, not like body-builders are only ones who failed to realize danger of extremes ...

Well yes, male or female bodybuilders who reach high-end competition tend to look disturbingly unnatural rather than just really strong. However, there is a level of muscle definition beyond what athletes in other sports normally achieve that can still look pretty good, a level that you normally need to do some training with the intent of building muscles to achieve (or so I understand), and if this isn't in that category it's certainly close to it.

Maaaaaaaybe, I didn't studied athletes that much. I would still consider better idea to just stay within the athlete range. Like, for displaying those superheroes for example.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

However, some commenter commented that he feels something is wrong with the curve of her spine. I don't think problem is the curve. I'm pretty sure her spine has acute angle somewhere. Also known as being broken.

... common condition between female superheroes, actually ...

Personally, I'm interpreting her to have developed very wide chest and hips; in my interpretation her back isn't bent particularly unnaturally, though it might not be a comfortable position to stand in for long. However if you assume more normal chest and hip proportions it does look like she's practically folded in half (though in that case, I would expect her upper abs and lower chest to be sticking out more in front).

Yes, the wide chest and hips are how it's SUPPOSED to look. I think it failed. However, it's just my personal opinion and it's possible that you can really get this with unlucky angle of photo ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, hkmaly said:

I suspect only female body-builders who didn't went too far are the ones who didn't finished yet. Body builder ideal doesn't look well even on man, much less woman. Of course, not like body-builders are only ones who failed to realize danger of extremes ...

We have a client who has won prizes as a female body-builder, including a very nice car, and she does not strike anyone as being abnormally shaped when she's in normal clothes and not striking poses designed to emphasize her musculature.  She just seems like she's fit.  Women who win at the international level are a tiny minority of the women who compete overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

We have a client who has won prizes as a female body-builder, including a very nice car, and she does not strike anyone as being abnormally shaped when she's in normal clothes and not striking poses designed to emphasize her musculature.  She just seems like she's fit.  Women who win at the international level are a tiny minority of the women who compete overall.

"Normal clothes" proves nothing. Question is how she looks in bikini, like on beach, when not trying to strike poses, not oiled and not ... well ... I heard that just before competition the body builders have special diet timed to get maximally unnatural look at the exact time of competition, so presumably they look differently when eating more normally few days?

But good point. I don't know how big difference is between international level and national ones. The images found on internet are likely mostly the international level ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this