• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday September 10, 2018

As Phil Collins says, "You can't hurry love. No, you will just have to wait. She said love do not come easy. It is a game of give and take"

Then again, this is the past. Pessimistic Path Progresses!! :demonicduck: 

2 hours ago, Stature said:

As Phil Collins says, "You can't hurry love. No, you will just have to wait. She said love do not come easy. It is a game of give and take"

The Supremes said it 18 years earlier though.

And the Dixie Chicks 17 years later.

Maybe there's some truth to it if all these people are saying it.

Anyway, this doesn't seem like the exact moment where Diane and Lucy go into their cynical "get boys to buy us stuff" routine, but that corner might be coming up. What's interesting is Lucy's giving the advice this time and cheering up Diane, they seem really close. Diane's expectations of being able to find the right man when they're all still boys should be a hint that she might have a habit of getting her sights locked onto a particular goal without realizing the big picture, like in Junior High she's looking for "Mr Right" but the boys are still at the age where video games and cartoons are still high on their list of entertainment options and while girls are pretty, they don't really think anything beyond that. In High School though she's still dating but with a "I'm just going to get the most out of it until the right guy comes along" attitude but the boys are driven more by teenage hormones and hoping to get somewhere with Diane. I dunno if she actually saw herself as being a tease though.

Hair still has no "oomph". Lucy must be the influence for it, good friends as they be, the next school year.

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I knew of that..

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I did not on that...

But Phil Collins' version was the first one on my mind. Grew up on that sound, anyway.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, Scotty said:

On 9/10/2018 at 6:22 AM, Stature said:

But Phil Collins' version was the first one on my mind. Grew up on that sound, anyway.

I had a lot of those growing up, too.  Olivia Newton-John was at the peak of her popularity when I was a kid, and I checked all of her old albums out from the library -- she had a lot of country classics she'd done covers of, so for years after that, I'd hear "Take Me Home, Country Roads" sung by John Denver and think it sounded wrong.  ;-)  Same thing still happens; I'm pretty sure there are a lot of kids out there who think of Eric Clapton's "Layla" as a slow, acoustic, bluesy number....

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I had a lot of those growing up, too.  Olivia Newton-John was at the peak of her popularity when I was a kid, and I checked all of her old albums out from the library -- she had a lot of country classics she'd done covers of, so for years after that, I'd hear "Take Me Home, Country Roads" sung by John Denver and think it sounded wrong.  ;-)

Johnny Cash probably threw people for a loop by doing a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song.